Forumindex SweWrestling.com
Sveriges Största Wrestlingforum!

Vanliga frågorVanliga frågor   SökSök   MedlemslistaMedlemslista   AnvändargrupperAnvändargrupper   Bli medlemBli medlem 
 ProfilProfil   Logga in för att läsa dina meddelandenLogga in för att läsa dina meddelanden   Logga inLogga in 

Diverse Impact Wrestling-nyheter *spoilerrisk*
Gå till sida Föregående  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106  Nästa

Skapa nytt ämne   Svara på ämnet    Forumindex -> Impact Wrestling
Föregående ämne :: Nästa ämne  
Författare Meddelande
TheVobb
Men hallå, jag är B-kändis för fan!

Registreringsdatum: 17 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 14 jun 2016 19:18    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Hobbes posted on Meltzer's F4W board:

Just listened to the segment. A recap:

Dave says TNA was in an absolute crisis situation. Dean Broadhead, the BUSINESS HEAD of TNA, wrote on facebook this week that on Thursday and Friday he logged over 80 business calls with "attorneys, accountants, vendors, bankers, employees" and said it may be time for him to retire, but not until everything is in the right place. When asked why he had to make all those calls, Dean said he had twelve hours to secure financing for TNA, so that production trucks could come. I'll note here that Rovert posted on twitter a few days ago that there had been rumblings of a possible TNA production staff mutiny, so this jives with that.

Dave says he thought TNA had money for this TV taping, but apparently they didn't have enough. Dave brings up again that TNA was originally going to tape not just Monday through Wednesday this week, but an extra month of Impact on Thursday and Friday, and canceled plans for those last two days to save money short term (It'll cost more in the long run, because they'll have to fly everyone out sooner than usual for another set of Impact tapings).

Dave says this was where Billy Corgan came in, and while he doesn't know all the details, TNA had some loans to Aroluxe that needed to be paid back, and seeing as how they run production, "they control all the equipment". Dave makes it sound like these tapings wouldn't have happened without Corgan paying off Aroluxe.

Dave says people are going to get mad that he said all this, but points out that this isn't investigative journalism, Dean Broadhead posted about the trouble they were in on facebook.

Dave says the big problem for TNA coming up, beyond finding money for the NEXT TV tapings, is that sooner or later they have to go to India to fill their once a year obligation to Sony Six. The problem is that while Sony Six will pay some of the costs, they're not going to pay all of them. Dave says a trip to India is very very expensive for TNA, but at the same time, not doing the shows puts them in danger of losing Sony Six, which is one of their key revenue streams. Dave says not only was last year's India tapings canceled, but this year's have already been delayed once.

Källa WrestlingNewsSource.com... Cool

Instagram:thevobb
Youtube: thevobb
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande Besök användarens hemsida
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

Registreringsdatum: 21 mars 2010

InläggPostat: 17 jun 2016 18:42    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Nu kan jag inte Floridas konkurslagstiftning men att ingen begär TNA i konkurs är märkligt
"Face it, I am a bandit from the wild untamed future. A place once before and will be again. I am the ultimate female in the ring. I am the women who rules the squared circle, and I will wipe you all over the mat like a fine Picasso."
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 12 jul 2016 14:03    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
The Wrestling Observer is reporting through their recent edition of their Wrestling Observer Radio show that the current situation involving TNA Wresting "is coming to a head" and that the company is close to being sold.

During recent months, marketing firm Aroluxe Marketing and Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan have both put enough money into the company to make them minority shareholders, along with TNA Wrestling itself signing talent to exclusive deals as a form of leverage for sale negotiations. TNA Wrestling's finances are said to be so tight that the company's production staff actually went without being paid for months, which led to the recent Slammiversary event almost not taking place if it hadn't been for last-minute funding coming in.

There currently is no word regarding who TNA Wrestling's current buyer may be; however, there are rumors regarding who three of the potential buyers may be. They include a company that specializes in "troubled assets," an unnamed cable television company, and Aroluxe Marketing themselves. Aroluxe is currently handling all of TNA Wrestling's production and, on paper, is doing business as simply "TNA."

It's also worth noting that earlier this year, TNA Wrestling president Dixie Carter went to Sony Six in India and Challenge TV in the United Kingdom, the company's international partners, in order to offer them approximately 10% of the company in exchange for funding; however, both entities expressed no interest.

Källa WrestlingNewsSource.com.... Cool

Till överst på sidan
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 12 aug 2016 19:40    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
IMPACT VENTURES NAMES BILLY CORGAN AS ITS NEW PRESIDENT,
CURRENT PRESIDENT DIXIE CARTER BECOMES CHAIRMAN

IMPACT Ventures [IMPACT], the parent company of TNA Wrestling and IMPACT WRESTLING, today announced the appointment of Billy Corgan as its new President. Current President Dixie Carter becomes Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer of IMPACT.

As President, Billy Corgan will be responsible for leading day-to-day operations for IMPACT and its affiliated brands. As Chairman, Carter will focus on long-term planning, strategic partnerships and global growth.

“Billy is a visionary, an iconic artist and savvy businessman with an incredibly gifted creative mind. He has built a decades-long successful global brand, and also has a deep passion and understanding for professional wrestling,” said Carter. “In working with Billy over the last 16 months, he has impressed me to the point that I’ve been in discussions with him to take an elevated strategic leadership role within the company. The more we discussed our vision for the organization, the clearer it became that position needed to match his commitment.

“We are entering an exciting new era for IMPACT and will be working to continue to define our brand, develop global strategies for success, and structure for future investment and growth,” added Carter. “These moves, effective immediately, signify the team’s determination to work together to effectively cover more ground and capitalize on TNA’s current momentum that has seen ratings rise in recent months.”

Corgan, 49, is an American musician, songwriter, producer, TV writer and poet, best known as the lead singer, guitarist, and sole permanent member of The Smashing Pumpkins, who have sold more than 30 million albums worldwide and won multiple Grammy Awards. Corgan joined IMPACT in May 2015 as a senior producer.

“I believe in this company, its passionate fans, the talented roster and the dedicated staff and crew,” said Corgan. “I am committed to this great opportunity and will use all of my resources and connections to drive the success of this company. This year we have made significant strides in establishing a strong foundation for our future and will be aggressive in continuing to evolve and grow the IMPACT brands.”

IMPACT’s flagship broadcast IMPACT WRESTLING airs Thursdays at 8/7c on Pop, and in more than 120 countries around the world.

http://impactwrestling.com/impact-ventures-names-billy-corgan-its-new-president-current-president-dixie-carter-becomes-chairman/
"Face it, I am a bandit from the wild untamed future. A place once before and will be again. I am the ultimate female in the ring. I am the women who rules the squared circle, and I will wipe you all over the mat like a fine Picasso."
Till överst på sidan
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 16 sep 2016 20:59    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
The former WWE ring announcer Brandi Rhodes has signed on with TNA Wrestling, says TMZ. The news regarding her signing with the company was likely leaked out by the company for some extra publicity.

Brandi is going to be wrestling as part of the Knockouts division but there is no word yet on when she will debut. Her husband, Cody Rhodes has confirmed that he would be working with TNA in our interview with him via the podcast.

Till överst på sidan
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 17 sep 2016 15:00    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
The New York Post ran a story on Billy Corgan’s attempt to buy TNA Wrestling and he had been interviewed as well by them. He's been the TNA president since August, and he reportedly may buy the company.

The story also is claiming that WWE has put in a recent bid. The New York Post has estimated TNA’s market value at $40 million.

Till överst på sidan
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 17 sep 2016 20:09    Rubrik: Svara med citat

TheVobb skrev:
Citat:
The New York Post ran a story on Billy Corgan’s attempt to buy TNA Wrestling and he had been interviewed as well by them. He's been the TNA president since August, and he reportedly may buy the company.

The story also is claiming that WWE has put in a recent bid. The New York Post has estimated TNA’s market value at $40 million.

Känns väl ganska troligt att Corgan tar över helt över. Det där om WWE har säkert bara lagts in för att dra klick. I ursprungsartikeln står det

Citat:
WWE and Sinclair Broadcast Group, owner of the Ring of Honor wrestling organization, are rumored to have made recent bids.

Jag har inte läst exakt allt men jag har inte sett några uppgifter om WWE någon annanstans. För övrigt behövs det nya stålar snart

Citat:
Eric Barnes is no longer working full-time for TNA Wrestling, according to the Wrestling Observer newsletter. Barnes worked in the marketing department. According to his LinkedIn profile, his official title was Sr. Director Consumer Engagement and Integrated Communications at IMPACT Ventures, LLC.

Barnes used to send in press releases to us to promote the shows and always seemed on top of things as far as their online marketing so it’s a shame that he’s now gone. I believe he also wrote content for the ImpactWrestling.com website.

Dave Meltzer noted that Barnes would stay on as a consultant and he was the last person left in the marketing department.

http://wrestlingnews.co/another-tna-departure-3/
Till överst på sidan
Carnage

Registreringsdatum: 15 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 29 sep 2016 16:28    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Slutet börjar närma sig för TNA och folk säger att det är Dixie Carters fel.

Citat:
According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there is a growing frustration within TNA, due to the feeling that Dixie Carter is making a mess of the TNA sale negotiations. One person close to the sale told the Obsever the following…

“There are a lot of hurdles and games being played. She (Dixie Carter) has really made a mess and is responsible for all of it.”

Another person stated the following…

“I thought Aroluxe had it late last week (this was when just days earlier Billy Corgan seemed to be the one most expected to get it). Then Saturday (9/24) I thought Billy won. Now I know the same BS is still going back-and-forth. She is something else. I’ve never met someone so clueless. She is out of touch on all levels. Both sides want her out. There is no doubt there. It’s the only thing they can agree on.”

Carter is the one who will make the decision as to who ends up with the company. While WWE was in the picture earlier in the week, they are now reportedly out again.

Whoever buys the company will also have to deal with the promotion’s debt, which is said to be “millions of dollars,” owed to Aroluxe, Corgan and others. Some reports put the amount of the debt at greater than the value of the company. There are also now reports that FITE TV owns a small stake in the company.

TNA’s main issue is their lack of revenue. When they lost Spike TV and went to Destination America, they lost between 40 and 50 percent of their TV revenue deal. That is when things started to get bad. The move to POP TV sees TV getting a share of the advertising revenue, which said to be almost non-existent.

A deal needs to get done by Friday, because of there is no funding, there will be no Bound for Glory or TV tapings. If this were to happen, TNA would be in breach of its television & PPV contracts, and could cause them the loss of those deals.

-411Mania
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 29 sep 2016 21:42    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Ingen köper ett företag på en eller några få dagar. Det krävs flera veckor ja månader av due diligence för att undvika negativa överraskningar
Till överst på sidan
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 05 okt 2016 19:14    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
According to a Twitter post from pro wrestling journalist Justin LaBar, it has been officially confirmed that WWE will be purchasing TNA Wrestling's video library, according to a text message that LaBar says he received today.

In the meantime, LaBar also cites the same text message in stating that Billy Corgan, who is the current President of TNA Wrestling, will become the company's new majority owner and will "likely rebrand" the organization.

Forbes.com has also picked up on the story as well, posting the following quote from WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross's "Ross Report" podcast from earlier this week, in which he stated that WWE was "very close" to purchasing TNA Wrestling's video library:

"WWE is allegedly very close to buying the TNA library. Not the promotion, the TNA library. Obviously, with WWE Network, the TNA library could be a nice resource, a nice asset. Now, you know, TNA does have some talents I’m sure WWE would like to have down the road, but now I hear that WWE and TNA have had talks about buying the library and that a deal is imminent."

Till överst på sidan
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 13 okt 2016 20:02    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Kanske är det inte TNA:s videoarkiv som borde visas upp på WWEN. Kanske är det i stället en dokusåpa om allt som händer bakom kulisserna i Nashville och Orlando

Citat:
After months of speculation as to what was going to happen with the company, its ownership and its finances, TNA President Billy Cogan filed a lawsuit against TNA Impact Wrestling, its parent company Impact Ventures LLC, TNA Chairman Dixie Carter, TNA Chief Financial Officer Dean Broadhead and Carter's husband Serg Salias on 10/12 in the Chancery Court of Nashville, TN.

PWInsider.com is currently working on acquiring details of the lawsuit.

Requests for comment from Corgan's attorney and TNA's Public Relations were not returned as of this writing.

Corgan, the frontman for Smashing Pumpkins and a long-time fan of professional wrestling, began investing in TNA this past June, helping to finance the TNA Slammiversary PPV and subsequent TV tapings as part of a deal that saw him purchase a minority share in the company. Additional investments in the company led to Corgan acquiring a larger share in the company and on 8/12, TNA issued a press release announcing that Corgan had replaced Dixie Carter as the President of the company and would be handling the day to day operations of the company while Carter would "focus on long-term planning, strategic partnerships and global growth."

In the press release touting Corgan being named President of the company, Carter stated, "Billy is a visionary, an iconic artist and savvy businessman with an incredibly gifted creative mind. He has built a decades-long successful global brand, and also has a deep passion and understanding for professional wrestling. In working with Billy over the last 16 months, he has impressed me to the point that I’ve been in discussions with him to take an elevated strategic leadership role within the company. The more we discussed our vision for the organization, the clearer it became that position needed to match his commitment."

Shortly after being named President, Corgan announced his intentions to purchase the company and potentially change its name from TNA. During promotional appearances to push the Bound for Glory PPV, Corgan admitted that he had financed the three previous rounds of TNA Impact Wrestling tapings, describing those deals as last minute agreements where the "ink was drying" as talents were heading to the ring.

Corgan had been in negotiations to purchase the company, but had been unable to close a complicated deal that would see Corgan not only buy the company from Dixie Carter, but other minority owners including Aroluxe Productions and The Fight Network.

Corgan made it clear he would not be financing the Bound for Glory PPV tapings and subsequent TV tapings, noting on a SiriusXM interview that he had done everything in his power to make sure that Bound for Glory took place from a personal and financial level - noting that he was using money from "his own pile" to attempt to purchase the "majority ownership" of TNA - and that he had put everything in place on his end.

In that interview with "Busted Open", Corgan said that funding the PPV and tapings were part of the negotiations and the question was what are the people funding the show getting for their money? Corgan said that where it got complicated was that it was one thing to fund the company, but it's another to set the company up to be solvent and successful. At the time Corgan said he didn't want to be having the same conversation three months after the PPV because what would be the point. At that time, Cogan also stated that in conversations with TNA talents he had spoken with, they were all on board with him taking over the company and that they were hopeful he would "win" and steer the ship from that point on.

"Enough air has gone out of the balloon," Corgan said last month. "It's time to put air back in the balloon and let this thing be what it can be."

In the end, Bound for Glory and the October TV tapings indeed took place, but questions that were left (which we had been raised here on PWInsider.com) included who funded the tapings and what deal did Dixie Carter make in order for the tapings to take place.

In a locker room meeting with TNA talents on 10/4 in Orlando, Carter told her roster that the PPV was never in danger of not taking place but did admit the company had to do some "scrambling" in order for everything to fall into place. What that "scrambling" was has never been explained or revealed publicly. During PWInsider.com's reporting of the locker room meeting, we noted that Corgan declined to be in the meeting despite being invited to do so.

A number of TNA personalities noted over the course of the BFG PPV and October TV tapings that there was obvious tension between Corgan and Carter and wondered how it might be resolved, especially if Corgan is supposed to be overseeing the day to day business of the company.

What the resolution will be remains to be seen, it appears that it will get uglier before it gets better and that that resolution may very well take place inside a Nashville courtroom.

http://pwinsider.com/article/105347/tna-president-billy-corgan-files-lawsuit-against-tna-dixie-carter-and-more.html?p=1
Till överst på sidan
Laban

Registreringsdatum: 27 april 2009

InläggPostat: 17 okt 2016 23:30    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Lyckat. Det lilla som blir kvar av TNA efter den rundan kommer säkerligen att gå i kånken. WWE köper konkursboet och släpper en ny DVD -- "The selfdestruction of TNA Wrestling". Några bets mot det?
BordenBoy

Registreringsdatum: 16 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 23 okt 2016 23:27    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Laban skrev:
Lyckat. Det lilla som blir kvar av TNA efter den rundan kommer säkerligen att gå i kånken. WWE köper konkursboet och släpper en ny DVD -- "The selfdestruction of TNA Wrestling". Några bets mot det?

Tror du att WWE skulle ge TNA ett sånt erkännande?
Stefan

Registreringsdatum: 16 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 24 okt 2016 01:48    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Om TNA går i konkurs och WWE tror att man skulle tjäna pengar på att producera en sådan DVD så absolut. Enda anledningen till att man inte erkänner TNA så länge de existerar är att man inte vill att fans ska få upp ögonen för en konkurrent (ja, det finns wrestlingfans som inte har en aning om vad TNA är).
Laban

Registreringsdatum: 27 april 2009

InläggPostat: 24 okt 2016 03:57    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Fast de ger ju ett litet erkännande i samband med att de snackar om att visa TNA på WWEN.
Visa inlägg nyare än:   
Skapa nytt ämne   Svara på ämnet    Forumindex -> Impact Wrestling Alla tider är GMT + 1 timme (svensk normaltid)
Gå till sida Föregående  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106  Nästa
Sida 102 av 106

Hoppa till:  
Du kan inte skapa nya inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ändra dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ta bort dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte rösta i det här forumet