Forumindex SweWrestling.com
Sveriges Största Wrestlingforum!

Vanliga frågorVanliga frågor   SökSök   MedlemslistaMedlemslista   AnvändargrupperAnvändargrupper   Bli medlemBli medlem 
 ProfilProfil   Logga in för att läsa dina meddelandenLogga in för att läsa dina meddelanden   Logga inLogga in 

RIP-tråd för wrestlers!
Gå till sida Föregående  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Nästa

Skapa nytt ämne   Svara på ämnet    Forumindex -> Debatt
Föregående ämne :: Nästa ämne  
Författare Meddelande
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

Registreringsdatum: 21 mars 2010

InläggPostat: 09 jun 2017 16:22    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Ron Starr, one of the most underrated workers during the 70s and 80s who was best known in Puerto Rico, Stampede Wrestling, and on the West Coast, passed away.

Starr, whose real name was Robert Eugene Nutt, is believed to have been 67 years old. Details of his passing are not yet clear.

Starr wrestled regularly from 1972 to 1992. He won the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship from Pat Barrett in 1976, while working for Leroy McGuirk. Starr got a major break at the tail end of the Roy Shire territory in San Francisco where he held the U.S. title three times with notable matches with Buddy Rose, Ed Wiskoski (Col. DeBeers), Harley Race, and Roddy Piper.

Perhaps his biggest match was in 1979 when he captured the San Francisco Battle Royal, throwing out Race to win it, and leading to a championship match with Race.

He also won the NWA World Junior Heavyweight title from Les Thornton in 1980.

He was a regular in the mid-80s in Stampede Wrestling as tag team partners with Wayne Farris, who later became the Honky Tonk Man.

He is best known in Puerto Rico, where he often teamed with Chicky Starr, but was a multiple-time WWC World Tag Team Champion from 1986 until his full-time career ended in 1992.

www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestling/former-nwa-junior-heavyweight-champion-ron-starr-passes-away-236976
"Face it, I am a bandit from the wild untamed future. A place once before and will be again. I am the ultimate female in the ring. I am the women who rules the squared circle, and I will wipe you all over the mat like a fine Picasso."
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande
TheVobb
Men hallå, jag är B-kändis för fan!

Registreringsdatum: 17 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 18 jun 2017 18:04    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Former pro-wrestler Buddy Wayne, has sadly passed away at the age of 50 after suffering an heart attack. His death was mentioned by numerous pro-wrestlers including former Smackdown Live announcer, Mauro Ranallo.

Saddened to hear pro wrestler Buddy Wayne has died.He was a fellow teen & already a great worker when I started my career. #RIPBrother

Källa eWrestlingNews.com... Här har ni en match mellan just Buddy Wayne och Edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Htvh84Qoh0

.... Cool

Instagram:thevobb
Youtube: thevobb
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande Besök användarens hemsida
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 23 jun 2017 20:49    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Mr Pogo, the well known Japanese hardcore wrestler of the 80s and 90s, has died aged 66. He reportedly suffered complications while undergoing a routine back operation at a hospital in Gunma Prefecture.

Pogo graduated from New Japan Pro Wrestling dojo in 1972. However, the the style of wrestling didn't suit him and moved to North America where he worked with competitors including Harley Race, Jake Roberts, Ric Flair and a young Bret Hart in Canada's Stampede Wrestling.

He briefly returned to NJPW in the mid-80s before joining Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling (FMW) in 1990, where he made his name. He began a long-running feud with Atsushi Onita competing in a number of death matches including an Electrified Exploding Barbed Wire Double Hell Death Match, a No Rope Barbed Wire Double Hell Death Match and a Barbed Wire Barricade Street Fight Death Match.

Pogo began to wind his career down in the mid-90s after breaking his neck in a Double Hell Death Match with Terry Funk in 1996.

Källa WrestlingNewsSource.com.... Cool

Till överst på sidan
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 03 jul 2017 05:13    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Smith Hart, the eldest brother of Bret and the late great Owen Hart has sadly passed away aged 68 following a battle with terminal prostate cancer in recent months. Smith was recently moved into Hospice care to live out the remainder of his life in comfort.

He was trained in the infamous Hart Dungeon and spent the majority of his career performing for Stampede Wrestling and the World Wrestling Council. He even once teamed up with Bret Hart to capture the WWC Caribbean Tag Team Championships.

Coincidentally today is Bret Hart's 60th Birthday.

The following was released on Smith's official Facebook page:

On November 28, 1948, Stu and Helen Hart, welcomed what would be the first of an eventual brood of 12 children when Smith Stewart Hart was welcomed into the world in Long Island, New York. Smith was not only loved by Stu and Helen but was the treasured nephew of Helen's 3 adoring sisters who dotted upon Smith as their own. Called away to purchase the Stampede Wrestling territory, Stu and Helen, left the infant Smith in the care of Helen's parents. Smith's grandfather, who was an Olympic Miler, and whom had set the world record for the mile in 1908, was particularly fond of his first grandchild as he had only fathered daughters and was finally getting the chance to raise the son he had also wished for. When Smith was 3, he returned to live in Calgary with his parents, who by this time had been joined by younger siblings Bruce and Keith. Smith found the transition challenging as he was adored in New York by his aunts and grandparents, but found discipline and rules under his parents roof. Soon after the family was joined by Dean and Wayne and would eventually be followed by Ellie, Bret, Georgia, Ross. Allison, Diana and finally Owen. Growing up was not an easy task as often times, gates were low and the family went without. But the family stuck together and overcame every adversity as a unit. Smith would go on to graduate from the University of Calgary with a degree in English Literature. In 1972, Smith and his then girlfriend Marla, would welcome the first grandchild to Stu and Helen, Tobi. That year, Smith was sent to work and study in Japan for International Wrestling Enterprise. A promotion he would hold multiple championships in. After a year in Japan, Smith would begin working regular tours of England, Scotland, Germany, Netherlands and other European countries, wrestling for top companies such as the original World of Sport. It was here that he originally discovered Davey Boy Smith. Although Bruce is credited with bringing Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kid to Canada originally, it was Smith who made the first discovery. In 1978, Smith and brother Bret would discover the island paradise of Puerto Rico. Stampede proteges Carlos Colon and Victor Jovica had opened up a territory and were bringing in a multitude of Stampede wrestling stars to launch the product. Smith and Bret promptly won the tag team championships. Smith would eventually meet his beautiful bride Maria in Puerto Rico and together welcomed daughter Satania to the world. Smith found solace in the island nation and made it his home for many years between tours. Smith would retire from the ring officially in 1986 and would take to training the next generation of wrestlers. Smith alongside brothers Bruce, Keith and Ross helped train such notable stars as Chris Benoit and Jushin Liger. The late 80's to the early 90's saw a boom in the popularity of the Hart family as Bret and Owen became international and global superstars that put a spotlight on the family as never before. After the passing of Smith's wife Maria, Smith fell in love with the beautiful Lianne, with whom sons Michael and Matthew were born to. In the late 90's Smith would move his family to Cambridge, Ontario to launch a wrestling school. Partnered with former WWWF star Waldo Von Erich, the school would produce some of the best talent of this generation including Eric Young, Highlanders Robbie & Rory McAllister, Tye Dillinger and many more. Smiths involvement with the school became limited as he was called back to Calgary embroiled in a custody battle over his youngest child Chad with whom he had with a lady named Zo. One of Smith's biggest regrets in life would always be the fact he was not able to raise his son Chad directly and missed incredible amounts of time. Smith was an avid environmentalist, a humanitarian, a comical jokester, a creative force and ultimately the proverbial heart of the Hart family. Pre-deceased by his parents Stu and Helen, his siblings Owen and Dean, his wives Maria, Marla, Lianne and Zo, he is now survived by his beautiful children Tobi, Satania, Michael, Matthew and Chad as well as his grandchildren Allison, Jessica and Isabella. Today Smith lost his long arduous battle with cancer. This will be the last post from this account. God bless you Smith. We all love you.

Till överst på sidan
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 05 jul 2017 21:11    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Bret postade följande med anledning av Smiths bortgång
Citat:

I want to thank everyone for your messages of love and support over these last few days.

It is with a heavy heart that I write my final goodbye to my eldest brother Smith. I know that the gates of heaven will open up and welcome one of the most unique and original characters ever. One can only stand in admiration at how Smith stayed truth to himself, always proudly dancing to his own tune. No one was more proud of being a Hart than Smith. He wore his name like a badge of honour. I believe that the Hart family is like being part of something that never leaves you, even if someday you find out you have to leave it. But I also believe that Smith is being embraced in the joyful arms of many loved ones gone before. Smith was ten stories deep. Sensitive, mischievous, hilariously coarse with a whip-smart sense of humour. He was a bottomless trove of imagination and potential and I think that anyone who knew him knows that there was always something very special about Smith. He was a boy that grew up in a crazy world filled with colourful characters and it shouldn't be a surprise that he would indeed grow up and become one of the most interesting and colourful characters I ever knew. He left us with his children, all with certain traits of his.

Smith was a huge influence on me growing up. He changed my life in so many ways. He taught me how to draw and he was the first brother to ever team up with me in wrestling. Above all things, Smith taught me to laugh, right up until his final days. He'd light up the room with that classic "Smith humour" ("She's going to get the cattle prod."). He also spoke of his regrets with clear-headed honesty. Smith was a fighter. He had great strength and amazing courage right down to the bitter end. He proudly fought cancer until his dying breath and he was lovingly supported by every Hart in our family. He loved us, and all of us loved him so much.

It could never have been very easy being the oldest of twelve kids. The enormous task of trying to fill my stern father's shoes may have been too challenging, or perhaps he simply didn't want or need it. Smith followed his dreams and although many didn't come true, he was one-of-a-kind and every bit as unique, gifted, or talented as any Hart, including my father. He did it his way and God bless him for that. In Smith's final days, I clearly recognized the strength and determination of my father who he spoke so lovingly about and, without question, was his hero and guardian. I believe they're together again. He finally found his peace.

"Face it, I am a bandit from the wild untamed future. A place once before and will be again. I am the ultimate female in the ring. I am the women who rules the squared circle, and I will wipe you all over the mat like a fine Picasso."
Till överst på sidan
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 14 sep 2017 18:46    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Former AWA World champion Otto Wanz, a legend as a wrestler and promoter in Germany and Austria, has died. He was 74. That he ever became AWA World champion is part of a his lore.

The scene was August 29, 1982, the St. Paul Civic Center, in St. Paul, Minnesota, as Wanz, who had only been working in the AWA a short while, faced the champ, Nick Bockwinkel in a championship bout, in front of roughly 12,000 fans. Wanz used a suplex to win the title.

To call it a surprise is a bit of an understatement.

For years, the rumour was that Wanz, a successful promoter in Europe, had paid outright for the chance to be AWA World champion, though neither AWA promoter Verne Gagne nor Bockwinkel ever confirmed the allegation. Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter wrote that it was a business deal to get himself the AWA title belt years later.

It was a short reign, as Bockwinkel won the belt back at Chicago's International Amphitheatre on October 9, 1982.

But the reign is part of wrestling lore for a reason. It cemented Wanz on an international scale.

The Pro Wrestling U.S.A. Book, Mat Wars!, written by Gagne and Jim Melby, included Wanz, even though it came out in 1985 and the German had hardly worked in the U.S. at all after the title switch.

"Otto Wanz, a man mountain that walks, is generally considered the best wrestler in the European ring," reads the kayfabe-style book. "Not being one to sit back and bask on the laurels and acclaim that he has gained there, Otto ventured to faraway countries to prove his mettle and merit."

Wanz, billed at 6-foot-3, and 360 pounds at the time of his AWA victory, was born June 13, 1943, Nestelbach, Austria, a small town near the bigger Graz, where he was usually billed from. The big man was initially a boxer, winning two Austrian championships during more than 100 fights, before turning to wrestling.

As an amateur wrestler, he was Austrian champion in the freestyle division. Naturally, an offer to turn pro followed, and he entered a tournament in 1968 in Austria. A bigger break, though, came in 1970, when he worked for promoter Nicola "Nico" Selenkowitsch, who was based in Germany. In April 1972, Wanz won his first tournament, which was the style for that part of Europe, with wrestlers staying in the same location for weeks, facing off against each other. That tournament win in Bremen against Iwan Strogoff set the stage for so much more.

The major German promoter Gustl Kaiser took notice and he put Wanz in the European title picture, a title he'd hold often.

In South Africa in 1977, Wanz made headlines winning the newly-created CWA title from Jan Wilkens. He'd have legendary matches against Don Leo Jonathan, including one on November 9, 1977, in Sun City, South Africa, that had more than 20,000 fans in attendance—a remarkable number for the time.

The CWA title, which he'd win from Jonathan, became Wanz's calling card, and he held the title until dropping it to Vader (Leon White) in Denver, Colorado in March 1987. During his many tours of Germany, Vader had been known as Bull Power.

Vader was hardly the only big star to spend time in Germany. André the Giant actually once allowed Wanz to not only slam him, but to pin him. The likes of Big John Studd, Antonio Inoki, Sgt. Slaughter, and King Kong Bundy competed for and against Wanz in Germany.

Canadian Joe E. Legend is one of those who got a break through Wanz. Calling him "the man who gave me my first gigs in Europe (Germany, specifically... where I now live)" Legend said on Facebook that Wanz "was the source of a litany of great workers and of even more great stories. If he hadn't been kind and generous enough back in 1998 to take a chance on me, my life would be VERY different. Thank you so much Otto, for the memories and opportunities. All of which I am truly indebted to you for. RIP, sir. You really changed my life."

Referee James Beard shared his recollection of the tours of Germany that Wanz promoted on Facebook. Wanz "ran a very unique promotion in Europe that traveled from town to town and would run nightly events in the same building, drawing big crowds each night for several weeks in a row. It's hard to fathom any promotion doing that these days, but he was successful and utilized well known wrestlers from Europe like Fit Findlay and Tony St Clair and stars from different countries to make up his rosters, which competed in a tournament style format."

As well, Wanz worked in Japan on a fairly regular basis in the 1970s, and was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for destroying telephone books with his bare hands. The phone book ripping was a gimmick he often did before bouts, especially during his time in North America.

Big John Quinn, originally from Hamilton, Ontario, was a huge name in Europe, calling it home for 15 years, from 1978 to 1987. While he will admit that he made money with Wanz, Quinn is decidedly not a fan, calling him a "wannabe."

"Otto believed in Otto. Otto should have either been a wrestler or a promoter, and he should have dropped out and been a promoter because he kept pushing himself. The towns were getting smaller and smaller, and he couldn't see it," recalled Quinn. "He was a terrible wrestler, but he started to believe his own publicity. He threatened me in the dressing room one day. I looked at him and said, 'What?' He said he was going to punch me out. I said, 'What?' For one thing, he couldn't even catch me, let alone punch me out."

Of course, the Wanz that Quinn is referring to isn't the Wanz in his prime, but a man that was clinging to past laurels. After winning the CWA title for a fourth time in 1990, Wanz retired for good from active wrestling. He continued as a promoter, though, staying involved until 2000.

Even in retirement, Wanz continued to be a well-known name, often appearing in commercials, acting in films or even singing. In 2011, an Austrian TV show profiled him. During his later years, he promoted strongmen competitions in Austria with his son Michael.
Details of his death on September 14, 2017, are not known at this time. An Austrian website reported that it was a "short, serious illness."

http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2017/09/14/22752384.html
Till överst på sidan
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 23 okt 2017 08:07    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
According to SLAM! Wrestling and Reddit's Squared Circle, former American Wrestling Association World Tag Team Champion Stan "Krusher" Kowalski passed away on Friday at the age of 91.

Kowalski's real name was Bert Smith. Aside from being one half of the inaugural AWA World Tag Team Champions along with Henry "Tiny Mills" Mittlestadt as the tag team known as "Murder Incorporated", Kowalski was also a World War II veteran.

Till överst på sidan
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 17 dec 2017 20:05    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
The Minneapolis Star Tribune is reporting that Tom "Z-Man" Zenk passed away on December 9th at the age of 59. He was part of the Robbinsdale MN crew that included Nikita Koloff, Brady Boone, Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, John Nord and Barry Darsow. His biggest run came in WCW in the early 90s.

We pass along our deepest condolences to him and his family. You can read his obituary below.

Thomas Erwin Zenk
Zenk, Thomas Erwin age 59, of Golden Valley, MN, passed away on Dec. 9, 2017 at the North Memorial Medical Center. Survived by parents, Robert J. and Lois Zenk; siblings, Robert Jr. (Beth), Kathryn Zenk James (Raymond) and James L. (Jo); 8 nieces and nephews, A celebration of Tom's life will be held on Saturday 1/13/18 at 11:00 AM at St. Olaf Catholic Church, 215 S. 8th St., Mpls. Visitation one hour prior to Mass at church. Private family burial will take place at St. Nicholas Cemetery, in Carver, MN Washburn-McReavy.com Robbinsdale Chapel 763-537-2333

www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=114246
Till överst på sidan
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 05 apr 2018 06:32    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
WWE Hall of Famer Johnny Valiant was killed in a car accident. He was 71 years old.

According to WWE's website, Johnny's heyday was in the 1970s and early 80s, when he won two tag team titles with his brothers. He later managed wrestlers, which included Hulk Hogan, and served as a commentator.

He was inducted into the hall of fame in 1996.

Police said that he ran across the busy road and was hit by the truck. He was not in a crosswalk.

"We do have witnesses. There was other traffic on McKnight at the time, so we were able to speak with people who actually witnessed the accident.

The driver of the truck stayed here on the scene. There's no indication that this was anything other than a terrible accident at this point, but we're still investigating,"

Saxat från https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/51530/WWE-Hall-Of-Famer-Johnny-Valiant-Passes-Away-In/ ..... Cool

Till överst på sidan
sebbe
Legitimerad wrestlingnörd [Site Admin]

Registreringsdatum: 14 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 08 maj 2018 22:36    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Big Bully Busick dog tidigare idag. Vila i frid.
sebbe

InläggPostat: 01 jun 2018 21:31    Rubrik: Svara med citat

ECWs Rockin Rebel och hans fru hittad döda. Verkar vara mord plus självmord.
sebbe

InläggPostat: 20 jun 2018 16:18    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Vader är död.

Från hans Twitter:

Citat:
It is with a heavy heart to inform everyone that my father, Leon White, passed away on Monday night (6/18/18) at approximately 7:25pm.

TheVobb

InläggPostat: 21 jun 2018 08:24    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Hade det på känn efter att ha läst diverse artiklar om att han varit i riktigt dåligt skick de sista åren Sad
Lätt en av de bästa "big men" inom wrestlingen, om inte den bästa.
När WCW började visas på TV3 vart jag riktigt imponerad över Vader och blev ett fan direkt. Hade aldrig sett hans stil förut och vart lite chockad över hans "stiffa" stil. Synd att Vince & Co inte fattade vilket superheel dom hade när han var hos dem. Han kunde verkligen ha blivit något i WWE, tyvärr så sumpade dom det rejält....

Vila i frid Vader Crying or Very sad ..... Cool

Till överst på sidan
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 23 jun 2018 21:21    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Former World Championship Wrestling (WCW) competitor and Micro Championship Wrestling (MCW) founder John Thomas Greene, known as Johnny Attitude in WCW, has passed away at the age of 53.

He worked as an enhancement talent for WCW in the late-90's and would later be featured on Hulk Hogan's Micro Championship Wrestling on truTV back in 2011.

Greene's family announced his passing through a Facebook post:

"It is with saddened hearts that the family of John Thomas Greene announce his unexpected passing on June 12, 2018 with his sister, brother, and MCW family at his bedside. Johnny touched the lives of so many throughout his short time on earth. Though born in the Bronx in 1965, his childhood years were spent in Patchogue, NY until relocating to the west coast of Florida where he owned and operated a gym. While there, he began competing in body building competitions in the 90’s. During those years, he became friends with some notable wrestlers from the gym who helped him launch his WCW wrestling career; he then became known as Johnny Attitude. Johnny will be remembered most as the owner of Micro Championship Wrestling (MCW), a midget wrestling company which toured throughout the US and Canada. The MCW crew was featured in a Reality TV series which aired on TruTV in 2011 called ‘Hulk Hogan’s Micro Championship Wrestling’. Johnny was a great son, brother, nephew, cousin, brother in law, uncle, friend, and leader of his MCW family. He will be sorely missed by so many, and his family misses him already. A memorial service will be held on Saturday, August 4th, 2018 at the Salvation Army Corps & Community Center at Jasmine Estates, 7745 Ridge Road, Port Richey, Florida 34668 at 11 a.m."

Saxat från WrestlingNewsSource.com.... Cool

Till överst på sidan
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 29 jun 2018 23:21    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Matt Cappotelli, a former WWE superstar from Louisville who battled cancer two different times in the last decade died Friday.

Cappotelli's wife wrote on Facebook that her husband "went Home to be with Jesus...exactly one year after his brain surgery."

The subject of a WDRB News story in 2017, Cappotelli was diagnosed with a Grade 4 glioblastoma tumor, the most deadly form of brain cancer. His first battle with a brain tumor in 2005 was a drama-filled fight that played out as the world watched. Cappotelli won the "Tough Enough" reality show in 2003 and earned a WWE contract then was assigned to Ohio Valley Wrestling in Louisville as a developmental trainee.

Cappotelli beat cancer in 2007, but it also ended his career in the ring. And then in June of 2017, surgeons removed 90 percent of the mass pressing on Cappotelli's skull. The remaining 10 percent was being treated with chemotherapy, but it was next to the brain stem, considered too dangerous to touch. It was considered terminal, and doctors said only 5 percent of patients survive five years.

Cappotelli was 38 years old.

www.wdrb.com/story/38544798/former-wwe-superstar-from-louisville-dies-after-second-battle-with-brain-cancer

Vila i frid
Till överst på sidan
Visa inlägg nyare än:   
Skapa nytt ämne   Svara på ämnet    Forumindex -> Debatt Alla tider är GMT + 1 timme (svensk normaltid)
Gå till sida Föregående  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Nästa
Sida 8 av 9

Hoppa till:  
Du kan inte skapa nya inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ändra dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ta bort dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte rösta i det här forumet