Forumindex SweWrestling.com
Sveriges Största Wrestlingforum!

Vanliga frågorVanliga frågor   SökSök   MedlemslistaMedlemslista   AnvändargrupperAnvändargrupper   Bli medlemBli medlem 
 ProfilProfil   Logga in för att läsa dina meddelandenLogga in för att läsa dina meddelanden   Logga inLogga in 

RIP-tråd för wrestlers!
Gå till sida 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Nästa

Skapa nytt ämne   Svara på ämnet    Forumindex -> Debatt
Föregående ämne :: Nästa ämne  
Författare Meddelande
sebbe
Legitimerad wrestlingnörd [Site Admin]

Registreringsdatum: 14 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 18 nov 2012 14:07    Rubrik: RIP-tråd för wrestlers! Svara med citat

Tänkte att vi kunde ha en samlingstråd med mindre kända brottares död.

Vi har ingen exakt gräns för vilka brottare som förtjänar en egen tråd eller platsar bättre i den här, men det avgör vi från gång till gång.

Diskussion om vilka som platsar här i tråden tas i följande: http://www.swewrestling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=127876#127876

Senast ändrad av sebbe den 19 nov 2012 13:28, ändrad totalt 2 gånger
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande Besök användarens hemsida
sebbe

InläggPostat: 18 nov 2012 14:09    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Former World Class referee James Beard announced via his Facebook Page that Dweayne McCullough, who worked as Awesome Kong, one half of the Colossal Kongs tag team in WCW, the GWF and several other promotions, passed away overnight. We don't have any further details at this time.

Our deepest condolences to McCullough's family and friends during this sad time.

(Vet ej vem det är av dem.)
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

Registreringsdatum: 21 mars 2010

InläggPostat: 29 nov 2012 20:55    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Dale Hey, who wrestled as Buddy Smith, Dale Roberts, Dale Valentine and most notably as Buddy Roberts, has passed away at the age of 65.

Hey, part of the Hall of Fame Fabulous Freebirds trio, had a previous long battle with throat cancer, which he attributed to heavy smoking. He was part of two of the greatests tag teams of the last 40 years, the Freebirds and the Hollywood Blonds.

As Buddy Smith, he was a solid working prelim wrestler in the AWA, where he hooked up with John Sutton, a former building usher and huge wrestling fan, and veteran Jerry Brown.

The trio went to Montreal as The Hollywood Blonds, under the management of Sutton, who came Sir Oliver Humperdink. They were the Grand Prix wrestling tag team champions during a hot period of wrestling in Quebec. At their peak, they were part of a double main event, going against Bruno Sammartino & Edouard Carpentier underneath a Killer Kowalski vs. Mad Dog Vachon grudge match that drew a sellout of 29,127 fans to Jarry Park, still the Quebec attendance record.

The trio worked all over the U.S. during the 70s. After the trio broke up, Hey had a run as Dale Valentine, billed as Johnny Valentine's younger brother, as a way for Johnny to stay in wrestling after a plane crash had ended his career. But that gimmick didn't get a lot of traction.

He seemed at the end of the line by 1980, when Bill Watts put him together with Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes, young heels who were setting Mid South Wrestling on fire. Watts felt Gordy, still a teenager, was one of the greatest wrestlers he had seen, but that Hayes was better served as a manager. He also saw Roberts as a veteran who could keep the two out of trouble, but if anything, the opposite happened. The Freebirds had a sensational run in Mid South, Georgia and later in Texas. Feuds with Junkyard Dog and The Von Erich family set box office records at the time

Buddy längst till höger för den som ej har koll
"Face it, I am a bandit from the wild untamed future. A place once before and will be again. I am the ultimate female in the ring. I am the women who rules the squared circle, and I will wipe you all over the mat like a fine Picasso."
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 29 nov 2012 22:44    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Nu har även WWE postat en artikel om Buddy med bilder och video

www.wwe.com/inside/buddy-roberts-passes-away-26072472
"Face it, I am a bandit from the wild untamed future. A place once before and will be again. I am the ultimate female in the ring. I am the women who rules the squared circle, and I will wipe you all over the mat like a fine Picasso."
Till överst på sidan
sebbe

InläggPostat: 05 dec 2012 10:11    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
The report here earlier today on the death of Don "D.C." Drake was incorrect. We apologize for the error. The reports on his death were widespread throughout wrestling over the last 24 hours with many people commenting on it.

- WON
TheVobb
Men hallå, jag är B-kändis för fan!

Registreringsdatum: 17 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 05 dec 2012 10:13    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Såg det precis med, tog bort inlägget..... Cool

Instagram:thevobb
Youtube: thevobb
Till överst på sidan
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 20 dec 2012 21:44    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
'Mr. Wrestling' Gordon Nelson dead at 82

Legendary Winnipeg grappler Gordon Nelson died Monday morning from heart failure and pneumonia. He was 82. Nelson leaves behind a legacy of pure toughness nearly unparalleled respect.

No less than former NWA World champion Terry Funk thought so. During his acceptance speech in April 2005 for the Iron Mike Award at the Cauliflower Alley Club, the highest honor in pro wrestling, Funk singled out Nelson as someone who had a major influence on him. Nelson, who worked as Mr. Wrestling in the Amarillo territory, "beat the hell out a lot people through the years, and was just a tough guy."

Winnipeg was a wrestling hotbed in the 1950s. Nelson, who was born March 27, 1930, was Manitoba amateur champion as a lightweight in 1951. In April 1952, Nelson competed in the Manitoba amateur championships, and, despite losing to Vern Plett, Nelson was honored for "being the most outstanding performer of the year in officials' eyes." He was lightheavyweight champion in 1954 and 1955.

Nelson was the Olympic representative in freestyle for his weightclass in both 1952 and 1956, but a lack of funds prevented the Canadian Olympic team from taking freestyle wrestlers to the Games in Helsinki and Melbourne. Needing to find his own sponsor, Nelson did not go.

In 1956, after the second Olympic disappointment, Nelson turned to Winnipeg's Albert 'Ole' Olsen, who had just married his cousin Joanie, for training in the pro aspects.

"He was tough competition, but he started me off and everything," Nelson said in 2008, after Olsen's passing. "He was pretty strict."

The 5-foot-11, 220-pound Nelson sent a letter to Jack Dale of Martin Promotions in England, and was invited overseas to debut as a pro.

Years after Nelson had returned to North America -- he would spent a dozen years in the UK -- famed British announcer Kent Walton still raved about the "muscle-packed power-house" in his autobiography, This Grappling Game

"After a title-studded career as an amateur in Canada he turned pro and came to England. He has returned to North America though, and we haven't seen him on the screen recently," lamented Walton. "At 15 stone 2 pounds his strength is fabulous. I have seen him, from a lying position, lift a man a stone and a half heavier with his left arm alone. From the ground to a standing-up position, that is, and still have the man on his left shoulder. Sounds impossible? I have seen it done. Not once but several times. Only by Gordon Nelson, though."

Nelson worked many territories, including New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma for Leroy McGuirk, the AWA, the Gulf Coast, Amarillo, Florida, Georgia, as well as Puerto Rico, Japan and Australia. In Los Angeles, he was managed by Ripper Collins. "He could get heat all right," Nelson said in 2006. "He'd tell the people they looked fat, and people used to hate somebody like that."

There was a distinct difference between England -- where he was known as "The Outlaw" -- and the U.S., Nelson said. "England [wrestling] is like night and day from over here. I almost had to learn all over again over here."

Promoter Francis Fleser hyped Nelson for an appearance in Detroit in 1969: "He knows his wrestling and utilizes many holds with great accuracy. You will immediately see that he is a top man. I think that he will prove to be a real threat for many wrestlers in this area."

The "Mr. Wrestling" name, given to him in Amarillo by Dory Funk Sr., was more than just a gimmick. Promoters often relied on Nelson's legitimate skills as a grappler -- a "shooter" in wrestling terms -- to scare off anyone who dared doubt that the sport was not on the up-and-up.

Bill Watts wrote about what he saw in his autobiography, The Cowboy And the Cross:

One time a mark in Florida wanted to try the wrestlers on for size, so [Florida promoter] Eddie [Graham] let him get into the ring with Gordon. As Gordon was about to get into the ring, Eddie yelled, 'Kill him, Gordon!'

They locked up, and Gordon guzzled him almost instantly. then he locked in the sugar hold. The guy was passing out and started gurgling.

Eddie, watching, said, 'Is he going out?'

Gordon said, 'Well, yeah.'

'Well, let him go, Gordon!'

'But Eddie,' Gordon said, calm as could be, 'you said to kill him.'
Steve Nelson, the oldest of his two sons, said that that tough guy persona is what will be most remembered about his father.

"I believe his legacy will be his great amateur wrestling background and doing real shoot matches for promoters in territories against marks in private gyms and also the matches he used to wrestle against fans in the Amarillo territory for Dory Funk Sr.," he said. "If you could last 10 minutes with him Funk would pay them $1000. He loved wrestling and was even offered jobs to book for Japan but wasn’t interested because he only wanted to wrestle. He never took himself real serious and was very humble even with all his accomplishments. I never heard him brag in my entire life and always respected him for that."

Moose Morowski, a fellow Winnipeg boy who spent a lot of time in Amarillo, witnessed one of the challenges to Nelson. "This one guy challenged him, and he was maybe about 190 pounds. You could see that he knew what he was doing," said Morowski. "It took Gordie about eight, nine minutes before he got him. When he got him, the guy just panicked and went running out of the ring and wouldn't go back, because he knew that Gordie knew too much."

Nick Kozak, who homesteaded and promoted in the Amarillo territory, chuckled that Nelson was quiet and dangerous. "You could say he's a little stiff."

Kozak looks back fondly on their friendship. "We had a lot of fun together. He loved to barbecue. We'd stop at a hotel in Odessa or El Paso, where they would give the boys a rate, especially if we got there after 12 o'clock, it would be two-for-one. Boy, as soon as you got settled, Gordon would have the barbecue out, barbecuing chicken. He loved to do that. He was a good chef."

When Jim Crockett Promotions bought the Florida promotion and rolled it into his growing NWA (WCW) promotion, Nelson was part of the package. He hauled the ring for WCW for 11 years until the company was sold to the WWF. "It was a real good job. It was easy and I liked the travelling," he said in 2003.

Nelson suffered a stroke during his final years with WCW, and was forced to take time off. He lived with his son, Steve, in Amarillo. Like his father, Steve had a reputation as a great amateur wrestler and shoot fighter, and runs the wrestling program at Palo Duro High School.

For the last number of years, Nelson suffered a number of age-related ailments, including a failing memory.

Steve Nelson was there when his father passed on Monday at 5:30 a.m.

"I want people to know that even his last night alive when he was gasping for breath he still looked at me and said, 'How have you been doing?' I will never forget him saying that while he was dying. My dad was a class act and liked by everyone."

A memorial service is still in the planning stages.

Gordon Nelson is survived by his two sons, Gordon Nelson Jr., and Steve Nelson. He was married to second-generation woman wrestler Marie Laverne.

-http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2012/12/19/20443241.html

Bildgalleri
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Microgalleries/NelsonGordon/?&pic=0

Regal på twitter:

Citat:
Just been told Gordon Nelson has passed away.He was a great man.He worked for WCW when I first came to America.He had started his pro career in England as The Masked Outlaw in the 60's and was considered by Eric Taylor(Dave's dad) as the best of them all.Eric Taylor was a feared wrestler and when Dave came to WCW he asked Gordon who was better,Eric or him.Gordon told Dave that Eric was but Eric said there was nobody who could touch Gordon.That was the kind of man he was.A real tough guy who didn't care if anyone knew and didn't need to shout about it.My best wishes to his son Steve and his family.

Till överst på sidan
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 23 dec 2012 11:17    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Legendary wrestler Harvey Maurice Evers, a.k.a. Rip Hawk, passed away today at the age of 82.
Hawk was a legendary heel in the business, and won several tag team championships with partner Swede Hanson as The Blonde Bombers. After Hanson suffered a heart attack in the early 70s, Hawk embarked on a singles career and won the NWA Eastern States Heavyweight Championship on several occasions.

Hawk later teamed with Ric Flair in the early 1970s, and the two won the NWA Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Championship. The team would eventually disband and Hawk and Flair would go on to face each other in singles matches.

Several members in the business took to their Twitters to remember Hawk, here are some of their messages:

Jim Ross (@JRsBBQ): "RIP to pro wrestling villain Rip Hawk. One if the all time greats before cable. Instrumental in launching Ric Flair's career in Carolina's."

Howard Finkel (@howardfinkel): "RIP Rip Hawk. I remember seeing him and Swede Hanson as a tag team in the Mid-Atlantic area in the early 70's.. A rugged combo they were..."

Shane Helms (@ShaneHelmsCom): "RIP Rip Hawk. I always liked that name."

Mike Mooneyham ?(@ByMikeMooneyham): "Very sad news to report. Legendary wrestler Rip Hawk has passed away at the age of 82. One of my best friends in the biz. A wonderful guy."

-wrestlinginc
Till överst på sidan
Stefan

Registreringsdatum: 16 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 25 dec 2012 15:03    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Hela denna diskussion kanske ska tas här?
http://www.swewrestling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=127876#127876

Där står också:
Citat:
Mindre kända brottare som dör tenderar till att generera ett eller två inlägg. När större brottare dör kan det bli långa trådar. Det är så vi resonerar och lägger ingen som helst värdering i övrigt. Naturligtvis.

Det är alltså därför denna tråd skapades. Om alla döda brottare skulle få varsin tråd skulle vi få massa trådar som knappt genererade några inlägg, vilket var så det var förut. Att samla alla döda brottare i en stor dödstråd skulle inte vara så lyckat heller. Chris Benoits död fick 41 sidor här och diskuterades i flera månader. Att klämma in notiser om mindre kända brottare som dog under den tiden i samma tråd skulle för det första bli rörigt och för det andra skulle de hamna helt i skymundan av all Benoit-diskussion.
sebbe

InläggPostat: 28 dec 2012 12:43    Rubrik: Svara med citat

En drös inlägg raderade! (Jag gör dock ett undantag och behåller Stefans inlägg eftersom den så väl beskriver varför tråden finns.)

Metadiskussion om tråden tas i följande tråd: http://www.swewrestling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=127876#127876

Tråden ni befinner er nu ska enbart handla om avlidna wrestlers!

sebbe

InläggPostat: 28 dec 2012 13:02    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Emilio Charles Jr. passes away

Emilio Charles Jr., one of the top wrestles in Mexico during the 80s and 90s, passed away today due to kidney failure according to Super Luchas magazine. He was 56.

Charles Jr. held the NWA and CMLL middleweight titles as well as CMLL tag team and trios titles during his career, as parts of well known trios like Los Destructores (with Tony Arce and Vulano), Los Chacales (with Sangre Chicana & Bestia Salvaje) and Los Infernales (with El Satanico & Rey Bucanero).

Charles Jr. was one of the most talented heels during the television boom period around 1990, and was a fixture against Atlantis, Yoshihiro Asai, and many of the other talented flyers of that period.

- WON
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 29 dec 2012 18:59    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Georgia Wrestling History has announced that former professional wrestler Bill Dromo (aka Bill Zbyszko) has passed away the age of 75. Georgia Wrestling History hosted Dromo's official website and released the following information:

Former professional wrestler Bill Dromo passed away today at the age of 75. Dromo, an inductee of the Georgia Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2007, had suffered from various medical issues in recent years, including Parkinson's Disease.

Dromo began wrestling in the amateur ranks in his late teens, after a few years as an amateur boxer. He was taken under the wing of Dave Piper, and would go on to win all but two of his twenty three matches, culminating in winning a silver medal at the British Empire games in Manitoba. His only losses came against another famous professional wrestler, Gordon Nelson. "He was the only one who ever beat me as an amateur," said Dromo in an interview Iconducted with him in 2003. "He left back in the 1950s and went to England. He stayed there for a while, but then I met him again when he came to Florida while I was down there. It was just like old times. He told me I had made an impression on him."

Bill's professional debut came against Mitsu Arakawa, whom he admitted, "beat the crap out of me." He spent his early years sharing a residence with Tex McKenzie. After a period of getting used to the business in the upper Midwest, Bill went to work for Jim Barnett in Indianapolis. Dromo said, "I worked there for Jim for a few months. He respected you, and treated you good. He sent me down here to Atlanta. I also went to Australia for him. He wanted me down there for six weeks and I stayed for about three months."

Once he went to Atlanta, Dromo had found a permanent home, where he resided with his wife, Karen, also a former professional wrestler. Of Georgia, Dromo said, "I settled here. I met my wife in the dentist's chair having my teeth fixed. Dick Steinborn – one afternoon we were getting paid. He knew my teeth were giving me some problems so he took me with him down Peachtree Street and into a dentist office. She was standing at the door – my wife. I asked Dick who she was, and he said she was the assistant. That was the first time I ever met her." They were indeed married and lived together in Georgia until his death.

Bill continued to work regularly throughout Georgia for the remainder of his career, and his most success came while working for Fred Ward as opposed to the Atlanta office. "Fred always treated me right," said Dromo. "He always treated me the way he wanted to be treated. A lot of the guys wouldn't go along with him, but for some strange reason he took a liking to me. I was the guy he booked the longest."

He briefly changed his name to work for Vincent McMahon. Going by Bill Zbyszko, he ran into a minor obstacle. Dromo told me, "Stanislaus Zbyszko called up from St. Louis and told them he didn't want me using that name. Vince McMahon told him there's more than one Zbyszko in the world. Then he told me to not worry about it."

He also spent some time working for Stu Hart in Calgary, which were used mostly as a way to visit home. However, it was Florida which became his other home beyond Canada and Georgia.

By the 1970s, Bill centered himself mostly in Georgia and Florida, staying close to family and friends. Bob Armstrong was one of them, and became Bill's most oft used tag team partner. They had a great run in Georgia with the Assassins, as well as the team of Sputnik and Rocket Monroe. He also found himself in brief programs in Georgia with Bobby Duncum, the Zodiac (Bob Orton, Sr.), and the Mongolian Stomper.

Bill's career wound down in the early 1980s, and he stayed busy running his own restaurant and working in the security field until he retired altogether. He did, however, still make occasional rounds at various local wrestling events in his neck of the woods, often greeted by a nice ovation when he was acknowledged as being in attendance.

Having known Bill for about ten years, this one hurts personally. He was always available with kind words even when it was obvious his health was getting the better of him. He will indeed be missed by many.

Källa eWrestlingNews.com.... Läst fel först och trodde det var Larry Zbyszko... Cool

Till överst på sidan
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 29 dec 2012 19:00    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Al Mandell who was involved in many aspects of the pro wrestling business including promoting, wrestling, and more passed away on December 26 at the age of 92 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Mandell worked in the business for many decades for a number of promotions. He first broke into the business as a wrestler and backstage hand in the Ohio area.

Mandell also worked in Charlotte for the IWA and other promotions. He handled different backstage positions and "on screen" appearances with timekeeping and other roles. Most recently, Mandell was a top booster for the Cauliflower Alley Club and he's credited with bringing them more paid members than any other person before.

Källa eWrestlingNews.com.... Cool

Till överst på sidan
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 17 mar 2013 21:57    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Don Gatson, who work as Don Carson and had a tag team with Freddie Blassie, passed away last night at the age of seventy-seven. Gatson served as a manager later in his career for guys like Jos LeDuc, The Grapplers and the Mongolian Stomper. He worked against his former partner Blassie in 1971 in California and sold out the Olympic Auditorium as well as several theaters as part of one of the first closed-circuit pro wrestling events in history.

On behalf of all of us here on the websisite, our condolences to the family, friends and fans of Mr. Carson.

Källa WrestlingAttitude.com..... Cool

Till överst på sidan
sebbe

InläggPostat: 23 mar 2013 14:43    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Bill Smithson, who wrestled in Tennessee for years as Moondog Spike, passed away this afternoon after being removed from life support last night, He had been on life support for some time due to kidney problems.

Smithson and the late Larry Booker (Moondog Spot) were the Moondogs team in Tennessee on-and-off for years, most notably in a feud with Jerry Lawler & Jeff Jarrett that was one of wrestling's best of its era.

- WON
Visa inlägg nyare än:   
Skapa nytt ämne   Svara på ämnet    Forumindex -> Debatt Alla tider är GMT + 1 timme (svensk normaltid)
Gå till sida 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Nästa
Sida 1 av 10

Hoppa till:  
Du kan inte skapa nya inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ändra dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ta bort dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte rösta i det här forumet