Forumindex SweWrestling.com
Sveriges Största Wrestlingforum!

Vanliga frågorVanliga frågor   SökSök   MedlemslistaMedlemslista   AnvändargrupperAnvändargrupper   Bli medlemBli medlem 
 ProfilProfil   Logga in för att läsa dina meddelandenLogga in för att läsa dina meddelanden   Logga inLogga in 

RIP-tråd för wrestlers!
Gå till sida Föregående  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Nästa

Det här forumet är låst så du kan varken skapa, svara på eller ändra inlägg.   Det här ämnet är låst så du kan varken svara på eller ändra det.    Forumindex -> Debatt
Föregående ämne :: Nästa ämne  
Författare Meddelande
Mr A

Registreringsdatum: 15 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 11 sep 2018 17:59    Rubrik: Svara med citat

sebbe skrev:
Frank Andersson är död. Sad

Väldigt tråkigt. Här är en samling matcher med Frankan med orginalkommentatorer.inkl WWF matchen.
https://youtu.be/st8i7apkYy8

Lite om wrestlingkarriären här http://www.pwpix.net/frank-andersson/
Mr A; Silver och Bronsmedaljör i wrestlingtippning och slog Bruno och Trent 2011. #3 Slog inte Bruno och Trent 2012 eller 2013 Plats #57 samt #20. Tog Silver 2014 och slog Bruno och Trent. #2. Nu bara Guldet kvar. #3#57#20#2 samt brons på swew 14/15 #3.
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande
Stefan

Registreringsdatum: 16 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 17 sep 2018 16:44    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Dave nämnde på senaste Sunday Night's Main Event att han kommer skriva om Frank Andersson i sitt nästa nyhetsbrev.
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

Registreringsdatum: 21 mars 2010

InläggPostat: 14 okt 2018 10:19    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Hall of Fame wrestler Don Leo Jonathan has passed away at the age of 87 after being hospitalized since August.

Jonathan was born as Don Leo Delaun Heaton and was a second-generation wrestler, following in the steps of his father after he served in the Navy and is believed to have begun in 1949. Jonathan wrestled for Joe Malcewicz out of San Francisco to start his career, which took him around the world.

While his size was a great selling feature during his heyday, he gained fame among those that worked with him because of his ability to work such an athletic style given his stature. Jonathan and Don “The Spoiler” Jardine have often been discussed as the first ones to do the top rope walk made famous later by The Undertaker.

Jonathan engaged in a trilogy of matches with Andre the Giant in 1972 for the Grand Prix promotion, including a match billed as “The Match of the Century” on May 31st, 1972. According to historian Pat Laprade, their first match drew 16,164 to the Montreal Forum with Jonathan winning by disqualification after Andre wouldn’t let go of a choke. Their second match on August 2nd drew 20,347 at the same venue where Jonathan won clean but was attacked by Andre after the match with three piledrivers. Their final match was on September 7th and attendance fell to 12,000 and saw Andre win the final one.

The feud propelled both within Quebec with Jonathan representing Andre’s first major program since arriving in North America.

Jonathan won the Montreal version of the heavyweight three times with the first from Killer Kowalski on November 24th, 1953 but dropped it back to Kowalski eight-days later. His second run came after defeating Pat O’Connor on June 8th, 1955 and won it for the final time from Yvon Robert on August 24th, 1955.

In Laprade and Bertrand Hebert’s book, “Mad Dogs, Midgets and Screwjobs”, they note that the August 17th, 1955 match where Robert defeated Jonathan for the title drew 18,972 to Delormier Stadium and was the largest crowd that year worldwide.

Jonathan became a huge star throughout Canada with notable runs in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, and Calgary for Stampede Wrestling. He moved to Vancouver in 1963 and was remained there for the rest of his life.

Jonathan also had championship matches with the WWWF, including two title matches with Pedro Morales in 1973. In their first match at Madison Square Garden on April 30th, Morales won due to cut suffered by Jonathan and the referee called for the stoppage. They came back on June 4th with Morales pinning Jonathan.

The following year, Jonathan challenged Bruno Sammartino for the WWWF championship and they sold out The Garden on January 14th, 1974.

In 1977, Jonathan became the first person to defeat Catch Wrestling Association owner and top star Otto Wanz for the CWA title when he ended Wanz’s inaugural reign of 1,491 days in Johannesburg, South Africa. Jonathan remained champion until July 1978 when he dropped the title back to Wanz in Austria with Wanz holding onto the title for the next nine years.

Jonathan’s final match took place in Vancouver on March 10th, 1980 as teamed with his former rival Andre the Giant and a 25-year old Roddy Piper to defeat Buddy Rose & The Sheepherders (the future Bushwhackers).

Jonathan was part of the inaugural class of inductees into the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame in 1996 and added to the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2006 in Amsterdam, New York. He was also presented with the Iron Mike Mazurki Award at the 2007 Cauliflower Alley Club banquet.

www.postwrestling.com/2018/10/13/don-leo-jonathan-passes-away-at-the-age-of-87/
"Face it, I am a bandit from the wild untamed future. A place once before and will be again. I am the ultimate female in the ring. I am the women who rules the squared circle, and I will wipe you all over the mat like a fine Picasso."
Till överst på sidan
TheVobb
Men hallå, jag är B-kändis för fan!

Registreringsdatum: 17 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 18 okt 2018 16:53    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
WWE issued the following statement on the passing of “Dirty” Dick Slater:

WWE is saddened to learn that Dick Slater has passed away at age 67.

Slater was a prolific competitor during the 1970s and 1980s in Georgia Championship Wrestling, Mid-South Wrestling and Mid-Atlantic Wrestling, where he teamed with WWE Hall of Famer Bob Orton and had a memorable rivalry with WWE Hall of Famer Jake “The Snake” Roberts. Slater competed in WWE from 1986 to 1987 before moving to Japan and finishing his in-ring career in WCW.

WWE extends its condolences to Slater’s family, friends and fans.

Saxat från eWrestlingNews.com.... Vila i frid Sad ..... Cool

Instagram:thevobb
Youtube: thevobb
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande Besök användarens hemsida
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 07 nov 2018 09:41    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
NWA Hall of Famer Jose Lothario has passed away at the age of 83. WWE issued the following statement on Lothario’s passing:

Jose Lothario reportedly passes away
WWE is saddened to learn that Jose Lothario has reportedly passed away at age 83.

Despite never winning a WWE-sanctioned championship or competing at WrestleMania, Jose Lothario – born Guadalupe Robledo on Dec. 12, 1934 – made a lasting mark on the WWE Universe by simply agreeing to train a cocky teenager from San Antonio, Texas. A cocky teenager that grew up to become WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels.

Lothario helped HBK find his footing for a career between the ropes, from selecting Shawn Michaels as a ring name to teaching The Showstopper how to effectively perform the signature kick that came to be known as Sweet Chin Music. HBK soaked up every last lesson taught by Lothario, a Saturday morning staple for wrestling fans of a certain age from the Lone Star State.

“I think every young boy who lived in Texas knew who Jose Lothario was,” Michaels told WWE Magazine in 1996. “I first saw him on TV when I was 12. He was the first Superstar to come across my screen. He is a legend in San Antonio, Cuba, Mexico… just about everywhere!”

Their relationship reached the summit at WrestleMania XII, when Lothario – having helped Michaels break into the business nearly 15 years earlier – watched from ringside as HBK realized his boyhood dream of becoming WWE World Heavyweight Champion by defeating Bret “Hit Man” Hart in an unforgettable WWE 60-Minute Iron Man Match.

Of course, Lothario became an effective mentor only after establishing his well-traveled reputation as a gritty grappler. As an NWA mainstay, he helped usher in popular Mexican wrestling styles to the sports-entertainment scene in the United States. His fans knew him best as “Super Sock,” a nickname recognizing the punches Lothario used to dole out during his past experiences in boxing.

Lothario even briefly displayed his considerable talents before the WWE Universe, most notably by humbling Jim Cornette in a match at In Your House 10: Mind Games.

Saxat från eWrestlingNews.com.... Cool

Till överst på sidan
Stefan

Registreringsdatum: 16 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 25 nov 2018 21:53    Rubrik: Svara med citat

https://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestling/larry-matysik-passes-away-72-years-old-270911
sebbe
Legitimerad wrestlingnörd [Site Admin]

Registreringsdatum: 14 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 25 nov 2018 22:08    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Ajdå. Läste att han hade åkt in på akuten häromdagen och att man befarade det värsta. RIP.
sebbe
Legitimerad wrestlingnörd [Site Admin]

Registreringsdatum: 14 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 05 dec 2018 12:10    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Dynamite Kid är död. På sin födelsedag tragiskt nog.
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 05 dec 2018 21:01    Rubrik: Svara med citat

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/a/3jGWkX/wrestlingstjarna-dod--avled-pa-sin-60-arsdag

Aftonbladet har uppmärksammat Dynamite Kids bortgång.... Cool

Till överst på sidan
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 06 dec 2018 20:20    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Larry "The Axe" Hennig har lämnat jordelivet vid en ålder av 82 år.

http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2018/12/06/22789150.html
"Face it, I am a bandit from the wild untamed future. A place once before and will be again. I am the ultimate female in the ring. I am the women who rules the squared circle, and I will wipe you all over the mat like a fine Picasso."
Till överst på sidan
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 02 jan 2019 16:57    Rubrik: Svara med citat

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/55843/WWE-Legend-Mean-Gene-Okerlaud-Dead-Passes-Away-Aged/?fbclid=IwAR2-OKZNwLnMSxMsmfNDpqE9v9W54SxvCU5uwHYkpmB4EO2QpqX2xg-miRw

Mean Gene har tyvärr gått bort.. Vila i frid Sad ..... Cool

Till överst på sidan
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 23 jan 2019 18:53    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
We are saddened to learn that former TNA Knockout Rocksan Biggerstaff (BellaDonna) has passed away at the age of 40. Details surrounding her death are currently not known.

Biggerstaff was known for her work in the Disciples Of The New Church during the early days of TNA.

Warren Wolfe announced the news on his Facebook:

“Woke up this morning to find out that Rocksan Biggerstaff (aka Belladonna) who was the valet for my TNA faction, Disciples of The New Church, has passed away. I loved what she added to the group…she played her character well. Outside of the ring she was a sweetheart. My condolences to her family.”

Saxat från WrestlingNewsSource.com.... Cool

Till överst på sidan
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 03 feb 2019 22:30    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
The well-traveled Les Thornton, former NWA World junior heavyweight champion, has died. He was 84 years old. His wife, Terry, posted the news Facebook: "It is with great sadness we share that Les Thornton peacefully took his leave on February 1, 2019 at 11:15 am, with his devoted wife, Terry at his side."

The post continued with immediate plans: "In honour of Les' wishes there will be no funeral service. Instead, those wishing to pay respects are invited to make a donation to the Calgary Humane Society."

Much of Thornton's life was detailed in a 2005 SLAM! Wrestling story, Les Thornton: A life on the road. He had moved on from Calgary in the interim, settling in Kelowna, BC, for a time.

Born in Salford, England, Thornton put in 34 years into the pro wrestling business.

"I broke in the business in 1957 and I didn't come to the States until 1970," he told this writer in 2004. Previous to that, he played professional rugby for 12 years. A few other colleagues went from rugby to wrestling, including Pete Viller, who worked as Pat Curry, and Tommy "Time Bomb" Murthy.

Billy Robinson was a pioneer of sorts for British wrestlers making it in North America, and he helped Thornton along the way. "I helped them all at one time or another," recalled Robinson in 2011. "Geoff Portz went around North America with me as my tag team partner. Angus was my tag team partner in Japan. I started Les Thornton when he first started in England."

Indeed, Thornton learned submission and amateur wrestling in Wigan at the Snake Pit, and really enjoyed the push-pull of English wrestling compared to the action-based style expected overseas.

"All that bumping and banging shit," said Thornton. "The first 10 years of my life, we didn't do that. It was all ground wrestling, so in other words, you didn't take any of those goofy bangs and bumps. In England, you could do that."

That English style required an adjustment, wrote Terry Taylor in a guest column at SLAM! Wrestling, Les Thornton - What you DIDN'T know!.

"Les had been around for a while -- he was in his fifties when I worked with him -- and this was the first run I had with him. He could have really resented the 25-year-old kid across the ring from him, and probably had every reason to resent me, but he didn't. Les treated me with respect and taught me a lot. He worked the English style which back in 1980 was completely foreign (no pun intended) to not only the fans, but to me as well. There was so much for me to learn. I very easily could have stunk the joint out and a lesser veteran might have even enjoyed that, but Les wasn't that kind of man," wrote Taylor. "Les did such a good job leading me through quality matches that he would put HIMSELF in holds and submissions! All I had to do was hang on!"

Compared to his British contemporaries, like Robinson, Thornton really stood out, said veteran photographer Howard Baum. "His style incorporated everything that I liked in a pure wrestling match -- a style based on leverage, strength, and technique, like an actual contest," said Baum. "Thornton had a diverse repertoire, working American-style with a spark of UK flash that made him unique. Chain wrestling, an array of suplexes, submission work, and strong-looking offense featuring the obligatory British uppercut. Matter-of-fact interviews with a cool British accent belied his understated, well-earned confidence as someone who could take care of themselves in any situation."

At 5-foot-9, and 215 to 225 pounds, Thornton was decidedly a junior heavyweight, but was always in tip-top shape (he did admit to drug use -- "I was powerlifting, I was on the steroids and all that shit"). At one point, he was the World Junior heavyweight champion in both the NWA and the WWWF. He also helped similar titles in Florida and Southwest Championship Wrestling. In the Calgary, Alberta-based Stampede Wrestling, he held the promotion's top title the North American Heavyweight belt, on two occasions, in 1971 and 1974.

In a 2005 interview, Thornton said there was a stigma against British wrestlers in general in North America, Calgary being an exception. "They won't push the English boys here, there's some reason," he said.

Yet there aren't many major names that Thornton didn't tangle with at some point. He shared thoughts on a few of the greats:

On Dory Funk Jr.: "He was great to work with, and he looked real, and he was a hell of a draw."

On Gene Kiniski: "That was a different sort altogether. That was just fly, bang, bash. It didn't mean a lot."

On Terry Funk: "That was the start of the goofy champions."

On Harley Race: "That was a bloody fight. Harley was a good worker and safe."

On Johnny Valentine: "He was a great worker, was John. He was just a bit goofy in the end, wasn't he?"

In a tag team situation, Thornton worked the longest with Tony Charles. "They kept me and Tony together for about five years, messing around," he said. Charles was from Wales. "Tony was a great worker, great wrestler. There's a fellow, he boxed and wrestler in the Commonwealth Games." They held tag titles in Georgia. "We flew into Alabama a couple of times just to put somebody over on TV because we were coming off Georgia TV. And we went tag team into Amarillo, and into Texas. In fact, we were the tag team champions there in Amarillo ... and in Georgia. Then we split up. I went single all around and he lived in Florida." Thornton was also a Pacific Northwest tag champ with Moondog Mayne.

Through the years, Thornton developed a justified reputation as a shooter, someone who could handle himself in true grappling situations. One of the people who liked to tussle was Dory Funk Sr. "Les Thornton used to shoot with old man Funk in old man Funk's kitchen," once said Killer Karl Kox. In fact, Thornton was Funk Sr.'s last-ever opponent, though not in the ring. He told the story in a feature on SLAM! Wrestling: Dory Funk Sr.'s last day.

The final years of his in-ring career were spent in the WWF, where he was not used as a feature performer on television, but was often a key player on international tours that he helped the company set up. "We went to Saudi Arabia, and it was a seven-week tour in Saudi Arabia in '84 or '85," said Thornton. "Actually, I ran the shows in Saudi Arabia and Australia and in Kuwait and Cairo for the WWF. I wrestled and ran the shows for them."

Thornton's last match was in 1990, and he ran a gym in Calgary -- where his second wife, Terry, was originally from. He had six children.

http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2019/02/03/22792238.html
Till överst på sidan
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 10 feb 2019 08:22    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Former WWE Superstar Salvatore Bellomo has passed away at the age of 67 after a battle with cancer. The news of Bellomo’s passing was confirmed via Twitter by the cousin of Bellomo’s wife.

Citat:
Just found out that legendary wrestler, Salvatore Bellomo, has lost his battle with cancer. Please keep his family in your prayers. #cancersucks @WWE

Bellomo is perhaps best known for his work in the then-World Wrestling Federation throughout the 1980s, facing stars such as Tony Colon, Butcher Vachon, and Johnny Rodz on a regular basis. Bellomo also lost cleanly to the likes of then-WWF Champion Bob Backlund and even the late Bobby “The Brain” Heenan.

Bellomo also competed in NWA Eastern Championship Wrestling, the precursor to what would become Extreme Championship Wrestling, in 1993. He had the distinction of competing in the first-ever ECW Championship Match, which he would lose to WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka.

Saxat från WrestlingNewsSource.com..... Cool

Till överst på sidan
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 12 feb 2019 22:04    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Former WWWF World Champion Pedro Morales has died at the age of 76.

Morales, whose wrestling career began in the 1950s, competed for decades, in promotions such as Mid-Pacific Promotions, the NWA, AWA, and New Japan.

In February 1971, Morales became the fourth man to hold the WWWF World Heavyweight Championship (now recognised as the WWE Championship), defeating Ivan Koloff.

His reign would last an incredible 1,027 days, before he lost the title in December 1973 to Stan Stasiak.

In the 1980s, Morales won the Intercontinental and Tag Team Championships, becoming the company's first-ever Triple Crown Champion.

A 1995 inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame, Morales also holds the most combined days as Intercontinental Champion, holding the title a combined 619 days over his two reigns.

Morales is survived by his wife Karen, whom he married in 1966, and their son Pedro Morales Jr., born 1974.

Saxat från WrestlingNewsSorce.com..... Cool

Till överst på sidan
Visa inlägg nyare än:   
Det här forumet är låst så du kan varken skapa, svara på eller ändra inlägg.   Det här ämnet är låst så du kan varken svara på eller ändra det.    Forumindex -> Debatt Alla tider är GMT + 1 timme (svensk normaltid)
Gå till sida Föregående  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Nästa
Sida 10 av 11

Hoppa till:  
Du kan inte skapa nya inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ändra dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ta bort dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte rösta i det här forumet