Forumindex SweWrestling.com
Sveriges Största Wrestlingforum!

Vanliga frågorVanliga frågor   SökSök   MedlemslistaMedlemslista   AnvändargrupperAnvändargrupper   Bli medlemBli medlem 
 ProfilProfil   Logga in för att läsa dina meddelandenLogga in för att läsa dina meddelanden   Logga inLogga in 

RIP-tråd för wrestlers!
Gå till sida Föregående  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Nästa

Det här forumet är låst så du kan varken skapa, svara på eller ändra inlägg.   Det här ämnet är låst så du kan varken svara på eller ändra det.    Forumindex -> Debatt
Föregående ämne :: Nästa ämne  
Författare Meddelande
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

Registreringsdatum: 21 mars 2010

InläggPostat: 27 maj 2013 04:43    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
- Mexican wrestling star Hector Garza passed away earlier today. He would have turned 44 years old next month.

Garza was diagnosed with lung cancer back in 2012. He was forced to retire from active competition to begin chemotherapy.

Garza is best known to American fans for his work in WCW and TNA

-lordsofpain

Reaktioner på twitter

Citat:
Hector Garza passed away at 43. WCW missed the ball on him big-time. TNA wanted to push him but legal issues stopped it.

-Meltzer

Citat:
Rest in peace my great friend Hector Garza, el Querubin.

-Alberto Del Rio

Citat:
Beyond sad to hear of the passing of a huge inspiration of mine growing. May you rest in peace, Hector Garza.

-Ricardo Rodriguez

Citat:
Hector Garza was a great guy to work with. Quick with a smile and eager to share a cerveza! It was a pleasure to have known him.

-MVP

Citat:
I'm saddened to hear about the passing of Hector Garza. What a talented guy. Our thoughts & prayers are w/his family. Vaya con Dios mi amigo

-Dixie Carter
"Face it, I am a bandit from the wild untamed future. A place once before and will be again. I am the ultimate female in the ring. I am the women who rules the squared circle, and I will wipe you all over the mat like a fine Picasso."
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande
sebbe
Legitimerad wrestlingnörd [Site Admin]

Registreringsdatum: 14 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 08 jun 2013 09:28    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
- Mark Starr has passed away at the age of fifty. Starr, real name Mark Ashford-Smith, was best known for his time in WCW during the mid-1990s where he was one-half of Men at Work with Chris Kanyon before retiring in 1998 due to a back injury. Starr started in the industry in the mid-90s with his brother, working in Florida and Memphis. The two held the Memphis Tag Team belts as Wildside.

Starr also worked for Floride's PWF in the late 1980s and FMW in Japan. On behalf of 411, our condolences to his family, friends and fans.

Credit: PWInsider

HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 15 jun 2013 00:50    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Al Dobalo, f.k.a. Al Green, passed away today at the age of 57. F4WOnline.com reports that Green had been suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and illnesses associated with it.
Green made his debut on the national scene in 1990 as a member of The Master Blasters with Kevin Nash in WCW. They had a brief run before the team disbanded later that year. Green then worked the independent circuit before returning to WCW in 1993 as a member of The Wrecking Crew. The tag team found some success before Green left the company again later that year.

Green returned to the company during the Monday Night Wars in the late 90s and had a stint as "The Dog," where he would bark and act like a dog. His run on the national scene ended when WWE decided against picking up his contract when they purchased WCW in 2001.

Green later appeared on episodes of Hogan Knows Best and Brooke Knows Best on VH1. Hogan commented on Green's passing earlier today on his Twitter, writing, "RIP. Al Green my brother. Much love much respect. HH"

Kevin Nash also responded to the passing of his former partner, writing on his Twitter, "R.I.P Al Green thanks for saying yes in Hammon Indiana to be my partner."

We here at WrestlingINC.com would like to offer our thoughts and condolences to the family and friends of Al Green.

"Face it, I am a bandit from the wild untamed future. A place once before and will be again. I am the ultimate female in the ring. I am the women who rules the squared circle, and I will wipe you all over the mat like a fine Picasso."
Till överst på sidan
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 24 jun 2013 18:43    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
- Pro wrestling legend Jackie Fargo passed away this morning at age 85. Fargo was struggling with congenital heart disease issues. He was hospitalized last week, where he remained in critical condition.

Jerry "The King" Lawler took to Twitter to remember his mentor:

"My friend, father-figure and mentor, Jackie Fargo died this morning. He was the best!"

-lordsofpain

Det enda jag har sett med Fargo är hans medverkan i TNA:s alla första program (jaja veckoPPV)

Från Lawlers twitter

Från PWInsider
Citat:
Jackie Fargo, 85, one of the greatest wrestlers to ever work the Memphis territory and the originator of the "Fargo Strut" so many wrestlers have emulated over the years quietly passed away at 6 AM this morning following a long battle with congenital heart failure.
Fargo was found unconscious in his North Carolina home and rushed to the hospital last week, where he remained in critical condition. He had been battling congenital heart disease for some time. At the time of his hospitalization, only 15% of Fargo's heart was working.

While wrestling fans today will forever equate Memphis Wrestling with Jerry Lawler, before there was a "King", there was a Fargo.

Fargo worked for a number of territories during his career but will be forever intertwined with Memphis Wrestling. However, he worked in Georgia, the NYC predecessor to the WWWF, and lots of groups across the Mid-West. He held several versions of the NWA Tag straps with Don Fargo and the Southern Tag Team belts with everyone from Lou Thesz to Jerry Jarrett.

A great interview, Fargo was a wild, roughhouse brawler. While everyone today thinks of Jerry Lawler as the King of Memphis, the crown, the throne and the hearts of Memphis Wrestling fans belonged to Fargo for many, many years before Lawler's name was ever uttered on TV.

Although Memphis would consider him one of their own, Fargo is actually from China Grove, NC. Fargo broke into the business in the Carolinas working for an "outlaw" group (what would today be considered an independent group; it was outlaw because it ran the same territory as an established NWA group without the NWA blessing.) as Dick or Dickie Bishop, depending on the area.

After a run in the military, Fargo returned to the business and actually worked on top for the New York territory that preceded WWWF in the 1950s. It was there that promoter Toots Mondt realized that Jackie and another wrestler, Don Kait, would work well as a heel duo. The Fargos were born.

Managed by Bobby Davis, the duo carried themselves as completely arrogant villains with blonde died hair, purple and red outfits, sequined jackets and top hats. The duo were white hot as heels and even headlined in Madison Square Garden in 1957.

By 1958, the duo had hit Memphis, which was never, ever the same. It became the epicenter of Fargo's career, although the team continued touring for a number of Southern areas with runs in Chicago as well.

Fargo worked for most of his career as a crazy, brawling, cocky heel. Those qualities, not unlike Steve Austin many generations later, led to the audience eventually embracing him as a massive super-hero babyface.

At times, even Fargo needed help to even the odds. "Roughhouse" Sonny Fargo would be introduced, with the idea that he was locked away in a nuthouse and would be brought out when dire circumstances called for it. Fargo was known as a crazy brawler, so when Roughhouse, the one so dangerous he needed to be locked away, was set loose, Memphis became unglued with the excitement of the heels getting theirs from the Fargos.

While Don Fargo would go off in his own direction and work under lots of different guises, Jackie was set in Memphis by the 1960s and working there full-time.

Fargo was also responsible for breaking a local artist named Jerry Lawler into the business. Lawler, who was discovered by announcer Lance Russell after the Memphis TV show host received artwork showcasing what happened at the weekly Mid-South Coliseum events. Russell began using the art regularly, setting Lawler on his own journey into wrestling immortality. The young Lawler worked for Fargo painting and creating signage for his side business. This was Lawler's foot in the door and Fargo became his trainer, mentor and at times, opponent.

Fargo officially retired in 1980 but remained a colorful figure in Memphis Wrestling as the manager and springboard for The Fabulous Ones, Stan Lane and Steve Keirn, who at one point were the hottest tag team the territory had ever seen. Fargo bestowed the strut upon them as part of their personality, which they accentuated with beards, tuxedo-like ring outfits and other Chippendales style garb to draw female fans (which they did, by the bus load).

Fargo would occasionally come out of retirement to team with the duo or Lawler as well. Even as the years went on and he became older, Fargo was a regular presence for pro wrestling in the South. He was brought in to help bring additional "oomph" to major events and was the referee who counted the pinfall when Lawler pinned Curt Hennig to win the AWA World title. He was the living legend.

Fargo was honored in 2009 by the NWA Legends Hall of Heroes. He was a big part of the awesome "Memphis Heat" documentary that was released a few years ago and will always be synonymous with wrestling in that city.

On behalf of everyone associated with PWInsider.com, we offer our deepest condolences to the family, friends and fans of one of the greatest personalities of all time in pro wrestling, Jackie Fargo.

Meltzer på twitter
Citat:
Hope WWE allows Lawler to talk Fargo tonight. Would be quite uncool if they don't.

Till överst på sidan
TheVobb
Men hallå, jag är B-kändis för fan!

Registreringsdatum: 17 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 26 jul 2013 21:37    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Former wrestler and promoter, Newton Tattrie, passed away on July 18th at the age of 82.

Tattrie is best known as Geto Mongol, one-half of the Mongols tag-team that was big in the WWWF in 1969 and 1970. The team held the International Tag-Team Titles, the forerunners to the WWF World Tag-Team Titles, and headlined all of the major arenas in both single and tag-team matches against WWE Hall Of Famer Bruno Sammartino.

Tattrie eventually promoted wrestling in his hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, when the city was part of its' own separate territory, and not affiliated with the WWWF.

Källa eWrestlingNews.com... Han till höger om jag fattat det hela rätt.... Cool

Instagram:thevobb
Youtube: thevobb
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande Besök användarens hemsida
sebbe

InläggPostat: 05 aug 2013 13:31    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Detta är ingen wrestler men har en wrestlingkoppling så jag väljer att lägga det här istället för i "kommentarer som..."-tråden:

Art Donovan, som gästkommenterade KOTR 1994, dog igår. Undrar hur mycket hans kista kommer att väga.
werd

Registreringsdatum: 23 november 2008

InläggPostat: 06 aug 2013 15:42    Rubrik: Svara med citat

sebbe skrev:
Detta är ingen wrestler men har en wrestlingkoppling så jag väljer att lägga det här istället för i "kommentarer som..."-tråden:

Art Donovan, som gästkommenterade KOTR 1994, dog igår. Undrar hur mycket hans kista kommer att väga.

Förlåt men jag kör denna igen...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc
Av nån anledning drog jag lite för mycket på smilbanden Rolling Eyes
BordenBoy

Registreringsdatum: 16 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 07 aug 2013 22:23    Rubrik: Svara med citat

sebbe skrev:

Jag måste säga att jag sällan har skrattat så mycket genom en PPV som KOTR94 när jag såg den första gången (vilket bara var några år sedan). Art kommer att minnas länge hos oss som älskar värdelös wrestling.
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 21 sep 2013 16:44    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
The official Facebook page for the Savoldi family's promotion, Wrestling on Fire, announced that former professional wrestler, Angelo Savoldi, passed away. He was 99 years old. Savoldi was born in 1914 and was the oldest living professional wrestler at the time of his passing. Savoldi was a former NWA junior heavyweight champion and also worked for the WWWF.

Källa eWrestlingNews.com..... Cool

Till överst på sidan
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 29 sep 2013 17:27    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Gene Petit, who was best known nationally in the WWF as Cousin Luke of Hillbilly Jim's clan of wrestling relatives from Mud Lick, Kentucky, passed away this morning, PWInsider.com is sad to report.

Petit was born in Humphreys, Mississippi and became involved in professional wrestling while playing football for the University of Tampa, where future WWE Hall of Famer Paul Orndorff was among his teammates. Petit befriended former Olympic wrestler turned pro Dale Lewis and began accompanying him to his booking for Eddie Graham's Championship Wrestling from Florida. Petit began training with Lewis and was tossed into the ring when a substitute was needed for a six man tag bout.

Soon christened Gene Lewis, he was billed as Dale's brother and two worked regularly as a tag team. Petit, like the other wrestlers of the era, floated from territory to territory, working the Pacific Northwest, Kansas City, Puerto Rico (where he worked as the masked Assassin) and World Class Championship Wrestling, where he became a member of the Mongols.

Petit eventually returned to Florida to play a bevy of masked wrestlers, including Kharma and Molakai for Kevin Sullivan's Army of Darkness and yes, The Midnight Rider. Of course, Dusty Rhodes was the actual Midnight Rider, but Petit, who had a similar body frame as Dusty, was used as a villainous version of the Rider controlled by Kevin Sullivan, who attacked Rhodes and had a series of matches with him.

Petit was brought into the WWF in 1985 as a member of Hillbilly Jim's family. At the time, Jim was a tremendously over babyface, with his back story being that he was a big, burly fan who hit the ring to help Hulk Hogan. Hogan, in turn, trained him to become a wrestler, although obviously Jim had worked in other territories. With Jim's popularity, the company booked several additional wrestlers to become family members as a way to flesh him out from a singles act into more of a group based around Jim.

The first was Uncle Elmer, who was longtime Memphis talent Plowboy Frazier. The second was Cousin Junior, who was best known later on as Moondog Cujo in the USWA. Junior was in and out really quickly, setting the stage for Petit to debut as Cousin Luke. At the time WWF had no problem with replacing departed talents with similar looking wrestlers (Danny Spivey replacing Barry Windham in the U.S. Express, Cpl. Kirchner replacing Sgt. Slaughter, etc.) so Petit as Luke was brought in by booker George Scott when Junior was on the outs.

Petit was brought right onto TV and onto the road, working against the likes of Roddy Piper, Adrian Adonis, Bob Orton and other villains of that era. Unfortunately, Petit broke his ankle after just a few weeks, which he blamed on a faulty ring. He was asked if he would be OK to work Wrestlemania 2, where the company planned for him to face Adrian Adonis. He was negative on that, so Elmer worked and lost in under a minute.

Unfortunately for Petit, by the time he was healed and ready to go, the timing for the group had come and gone with Jim in a different direction and Elmer long gone. Petit's time with the company was over before it had really started.

However, at the time, WWF wasn't as likely to go after talents using their WWF personas as they later would be, so Petit took the Cousin Luke persona and ran with it for the remainder of his career. He worked for the AWA at their TV Tapings in Las Vegas before basing himself in Bernardsville, New Jersey in order to work the plethora of smaller independent promotions that sprouted up in the late 1980s through the 1990s while also making rare international tours.

Petit worked regularly until 2000, when back issues forced him out of the ring. He was later diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, which he had been battling for years, leading him to drop way down from his recognizable weight.

Petit was also heavily involved with the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in Amsterdam, NY where he sat on the organization's Board of Directors from its inception on.

On behalf of everyone at PWInsider.com, we'd like to express our deepest condolences to Pettit's family, friends and fans, especially his extended family at the PWHOF.

Till överst på sidan
sebbe

InläggPostat: 16 okt 2013 10:44    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Ingen jag hört talas om:

Citat:
El Brazo passes away

Juan Alvarado, who wrestled for the last 32 plus years as El Brazo, passed away Tuesday night from complications of diabetes.

Brazo de Oro & Brazo de Plata & El Brazo are among the most famous trios in wrestling history. The three brothers, sons of Shadito Cruz, had gone their own ways years ago when Brazo de Plata, as Super Porky, became an enduring superstar.

Of late, Alvarado had done a transvestite Brazo gimmick as La Braza. He was 52.

- WON
TheVobb

InläggPostat: 23 okt 2013 07:48    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Dennis Hall passed away over the weekend. Hall worked for several territories during the 60s and 70s, and was part of a group of "wrestling cousins" including Les Thatcher and Roger Kirby. Hall had been hospitalized due to a stroke, and word is that he passed away over the weekend due to suffering another stroke.

Källa WrestlingAttitude.com.... Cool

Till överst på sidan
sebbe

InläggPostat: 06 nov 2013 13:36    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Snubben från Beyond The Mat:

Citat:
Roland Alexander passes away

Roland Alexander, the owner of the Hayward-based All Pro Wrestling school since 1991, passed away earlier today.

No details are available but Alexander, who was 59, had been in poor health for years with heart and diabetes issues.

Alexander was best known for his appearance in the movie "Beyond the Mat," which profiled his wrestling school. 9ond ivie "nondewayscine 1991

Den fete promotorn alltså. Sad
sebbe

InläggPostat: 21 nov 2013 16:11    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Maurice "Mad Dog" Vachon, one of the greatest heels of all-time and a former Canadian Olympic wrestler, passed away this morning at 4 a.m. in Omaha, Nebraska. He was 84 years of age.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2013/11/21/21283811.html

(Det var hans protes Diesel slet bort och använde mot Shawn Michaels på IYH7.)
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 09 jan 2014 15:08    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Legendary women's pro wrestling star Mae Young died early Thursday morning at her Columbia home at the age of 90.

Known to millions of fans worldwide as the Amazing Mae Young, she was born Johnnie Mae Young on March 23, 1923, in Sand Springs, Okla., although some friends insist that her actual birthdate was several years earlier.

A highly touted athlete in high school, Young broke into the pro ranks at the tender age of 15, joining a fraternity of women whose grit and toughness would be profiled decades later in "Lipstick and Dynamite," a 2005 documentary that shone a spotlight on the forgotten first ladies of wrestling who lived hard and fought even harder, blazing a trail on the wrestling circuit and paving the way for future generations.

Young, who broke into the business in 1939, was the first-ever NWA U.S. women's champion and participated in the profession over a remarkable span of nine decades.

She earned a widespread reputation for being one of the toughest, street-savvy workers in the business - and that included men and women.

Young perhaps gained her greatest notoriety when she and longtime friend, perennial women's world champion The Fabulous Moolah (Lillian Ellison), made an appearance on a WWE Smackdown show in 1999, 60 years after Young's entree into the profession.

Moolah was laid out by a guitar while Young was put in a figure four leglock. Both were in their 70s by then, but from that time on they would make semi-regular appearances on WWE television where they became fan favorites.

Although their bits on the show were mostly of a comedic nature, Young would survive power bombs from male wrestlers nearly half a century younger and would even win WWE's Miss Royal Rumble in 2000 at the age of 77.

That same year Young took part in an over-the-top storyline where she dated WWE star Mark Henry, announced that she was "pregnant" and later gave birth to a rubber hand.

Young was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2007 along with Moolah, with whom she shared a home and wrestling complex in Columbia where hundreds of aspiring wrestlers - male and female -trained under two of wrestling's greatest women grapplers.

Young had helped Ellison, who passed away in 2007, break into the sport decades earlier.

"She was in California and had lost all of her family, and I told her this big place was just sitting here and she could have the whole upstairs," Ellison once said.

For years the two, both members of the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame, were delightful hosts at the Columbia estate and reservoirs of grappling history

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20140109/PC20/140109450/1177/pro-wrestling-legend-wwe-hall-of-famer-mae-young-passes-away-at-age-90
Till överst på sidan
Visa inlägg nyare än:   
Det här forumet är låst så du kan varken skapa, svara på eller ändra inlägg.   Det här ämnet är låst så du kan varken svara på eller ändra det.    Forumindex -> Debatt Alla tider är GMT + 1 timme (svensk normaltid)
Gå till sida Föregående  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Nästa
Sida 2 av 11

Hoppa till:  
Du kan inte skapa nya inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ändra dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ta bort dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte rösta i det här forumet