Forumindex SweWrestling.com
Sveriges Största Wrestlingforum!

Vanliga frågorVanliga frågor   SökSök   MedlemslistaMedlemslista   AnvändargrupperAnvändargrupper   Bli medlemBli medlem 
 ProfilProfil   Logga in för att läsa dina meddelandenLogga in för att läsa dina meddelanden   Logga inLogga in 

RIP-tråd för wrestlers!
Gå till sida Föregående  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Nästa

Det här forumet är låst så du kan varken skapa, svara på eller ändra inlägg.   Det här ämnet är låst så du kan varken svara på eller ändra det.    Forumindex -> Debatt
Föregående ämne :: Nästa ämne  
Författare Meddelande
DiBiase
5 Time 5 Time 5 Time Tippning Champ!

Registreringsdatum: 05 augusti 2007

InläggPostat: 09 jan 2014 15:12    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Nästan så att hon är värd en egen tråd... och då är jag en av de mest högljuda av att skapa denna tråd då jag var trött på "dussin RIP"-trådar.

Hon levde iallefall länge, oavsett om hon blev 90 eller (vad vissa menar) 95 år.

RIP!
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

Registreringsdatum: 21 mars 2010

InläggPostat: 09 jan 2014 15:17    Rubrik: Svara med citat

DiBiase skrev:
Nästan så att hon är värd en egen tråd... och då är jag en av de mest högljuda av att skapa denna tråd då jag var trött på "dussin RIP"-trådar.

Hon levde iallefall länge, oavsett om hon blev 90 eller (vad vissa menar) 95 år.

RIP!

Ja jo jag funderade över det också. Hon befinner sig på gränsen. Jaja Sebbe & Co får bestämma
"Face it, I am a bandit from the wild untamed future. A place once before and will be again. I am the ultimate female in the ring. I am the women who rules the squared circle, and I will wipe you all over the mat like a fine Picasso."
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 09 jan 2014 17:39    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Mike Mooneyham ‏(som skrivit artikeln jag postade) för ca 30 min sen

Citat:
Mae Young has not passed away. The source who reported her passing received incorrect information. Mae is gravely ill, but still alive.

"Face it, I am a bandit from the wild untamed future. A place once before and will be again. I am the ultimate female in the ring. I am the women who rules the squared circle, and I will wipe you all over the mat like a fine Picasso."
Till överst på sidan
sebbe
Legitimerad wrestlingnörd [Site Admin]

Registreringsdatum: 14 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 15 jan 2014 12:46    Rubrik: Svara med citat

HonestHarvey skrev:
DiBiase skrev:

RIP!

Ja jo jag funderade över det också. Hon befinner sig på gränsen. Jaja Sebbe & Co får bestämma

Är alltid bättre att posta i den här tråden, om det skulle bli en lång diskussion kan man dra ut diskussionen och lägga den i en ny tråd. Smile
Chiraz

Registreringsdatum: 15 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 15 jan 2014 13:45    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Nu när hon verkligen dött passar jag på att skriva R.I.P Mae Young. Jag hatade i princip alla segent hon var med i, men det hade varit intressant att se mer av henne i yngre dagar då jag förstår att hon var en riktigt hårding Smile
Phenom

Registreringsdatum: 15 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 16 jan 2014 00:43    Rubrik: Svara med citat

"The Great" Mae Young, vila i frid.
Bara förra året trodde jag verkligen att hon skulle leva till 100.
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 03 mar 2014 20:34    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Billy Robinson har avlidit. RIP

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/3/3/5466448/mma-wwe-professional-catch-as-catch-can-wrestler-billy-robinson-74-passes-away
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Robinson

Terry Funk, Billy och Erik Paulson

Billy back in the days
Till överst på sidan
TheVobb
Men hallå, jag är B-kändis för fan!

Registreringsdatum: 17 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 28 apr 2014 12:35    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Multiple news outlets in Los Angeles are reporting that former WCW announcer Lee Marshall has passed away.

Marshall was also the voice of Kellog's Tony the Tiger and worked for various news stations in Los Angeles.

Marshall was also the ring announcer for the Los Angeles portion of WWE's WrestleMania 2.

Källa WrestlingAttitude.com.... Cool

Instagram:thevobb
Youtube: thevobb
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande Besök användarens hemsida
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 24 jun 2014 22:16    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
The Cauliflower Alley Club is saddened to learn that AWA announcer Larry Nelson passed last night after a short bout with pancreatic cancer.

We send our condolences to Larry’s family and friends.

Larry Nelson och Ric Flair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrA8GPrAnX4

Nelson, Adrian Adonis och Paul E. Dangerously
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4cLDKjVJ44

Efter lite googlande verkar det som att Eric Bischoff har Nelson att tacka för sin karriär.

Citat:
Bischoff started in wrestling working for the American Wrestling Association under owner Verne Gagne and would eventually become an on-air interviewer and host until the AWA folded in 1991. Bischoff at first worked in the sales department on the AWA's syndicated programming, and became an on-air personality virtually by accident and at the last minute. Larry Nelson, whom at the time was employed by the AWA as an announcer, was arrested under suspicion of a DUI.[4] Because of Nelson's sudden unavailability, Verne Gagne and his son, Greg, opted to recruit Bischoff (who initially had no desire to be in front of the camera) to fill-in on the interviews. Bischoff believed that the Gagnes thought that he would be a good replacement due to his immediate availability in the television studio, and the fact that he was already wearing a suit and tie.

Från wikipedia. Om det där inte stämmer får väl Sebbe eller någon av annan av forumets tyngre experter ge den korrekta versionen
Till överst på sidan
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 09 aug 2014 11:42    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Ken Lucas, a longtime wrestler from the Southeast who held dozens of championships during the territory era and someone that Ricky Morton has always credited with making him the performer that he was in the ring, passed away over weekend. The news began circulating over the last few days.

Lucas, who was 73, was found unresponsive in his home in Pensacola, Florida.

Lucas broke into the business in the late 1950s after meeting and training with a number of pro wrestlers at a local YMCA. He worked as a babyface and was considered a top notch in ring performer and outside the ring, was well read and a huge rock n' roll aficionado.

Lucas was a regular star in promotions across the Gulf Coast region but rarely stayed outside of the area for long stretches of time, preferring to staying close to home. It's often been felt that had he chose to make the rounds, he'd have been a far bigger name outside of his geographic area.

After retiring from the ring after undergoing back surgery stemming from being hit by a truck, Lucas made a living as a regular vendor at a local flea market as well as owning property that he rented in Arizona.

Our own Les Thatcher, who worked with Lucas, wrote, "I am saddened to hear of the passing of my dear friend Ken Lucas. We traveled the roads together & socialized, He had one of the greatest sense of humor of anyone I ever knew & was one of the greatest workers I have ever had the pleasure of locking up with. Our business has lost an amazing human being. God be with you my friend. I love you."

On behalf of everyone at PWInsider.com, we issue our deepest condolences to Ken Lucas' family, friends and fans.

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2014/08/07/pensacola-wrestler-ken-lucas-dies/13737209/

Citat:
Ken Lucas, a Gulf Coast professional wrestler known for his famous finishing move "The Sleeper Hold," died Wednesday in Pensacola.

He was 73 years old.

During his decades-long career, Lucas wrestled greats such as Ric Flair, Jerry Lawler, Harley Race and Pensacola's own "Bullet Bob" Armstrong.

"That sleeper hold was like a vice," said Armstrong, 74, who wrestled against Lucas, and as his tag-team partner, throughout the decades. "He bent me backwards and I made it to the ropes. That was my only salvation."

Lucas, an Arizona native, was a local legend in the 1960s and 1970s, wrestling at venues across the Gulf Coast and against such regional favorites as Mike "The California Hippie" Boyette, The Wrestling Pro, Cowboy Bob Kelly, Eddie Sullivan and many more. He held numerous titles, including City of Pensacola Heavyweight Champion, NWA Gulf Coast Champion, NWA Mid American Champion and numerous tag team titles.

"He was one of my favorite guys in the world," Armstrong said. "It broke my heart when I heard the news."

Lucas had played bad guys (heels) and good guys (baby faces), but was best-known as a "baby face" along the Gulf Coast.

He was smaller than many of the heavyweights, but had a heavyweight's heart and a surgeon's skill, Armstrong said.

"We wrestled so many times and he always gave it to you straight," Armstrong said. "He had a lot of talent."

He lost world championship matches to Flair and Race in close matches, including one at a sold-out Pensacola Municipal Auditorium in the 1970s.

"Ken did lose that match, but all of Pensacola came out to see him," Armstrong said. "There were people outside who couldn't even get in. He was a big deal on the Gulf Coast."

In recent years, a retired Lucas became a fixture at the T&W Flea Market, where he would sell hats and other items.

"People would recognize him and just come and talk to him about wrestling," said his friend and caregiver, Ken Hudgins, 61. "He was always friendly with people."

Hudgins said Lucas never horsed-around and put him in the sleeper hold, a move that restricts blood flow to the brain.

"But he taught me how to do it," he said. "Believe me, it works."

Till överst på sidan
TheVobb
Men hallå, jag är B-kändis för fan!

Registreringsdatum: 17 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 22 aug 2014 21:36    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Female wrestler Bonnie Watson-Schwartz, who wrestled as Bonnie Watson in the 1950s, 60s and 70s, passed away last night due to illness at the age of 82 (she turned 82 in June).

She was trained by Carol Carota, Dot Dotson and June Beyers after she joined Wolfe's troupe. She was billed from Oklahoma and marketed for her strength. She was actually from West Virginia. She worked for promoter Billy Wolfe and traveled to Mexico, Canada and Puerto Rico until she retired in 1971.

She was one half of the Canadian Women's Tag Team champions with Penny Banner. She also retired with the Florida State Women's championship and appeared in the 1975 movie The Wrestling Queen with Vivian Vachon. She occasionally performed under a mask as "Betty Co-Ed."

She married referee Stu Schwartz. The two had four children and several grandchildren.

Källa eWrestlingNews.com.... Cool

Instagram:thevobb
Youtube: thevobb
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande Besök användarens hemsida
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 01 okt 2014 10:08    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Ricki Starr, who was a major star on national television in both the U.S. during the 1950s and the U.K. during the 1960s and 1970s, passed away on 9/20 after a short illness according to his son, who reported it to the British Wrestling Reunion group.

Starr wrestled from 1952 to 1977, and had become a recluse of sorts after retirement.

Starr was living in London at the time of his death and was 83 years old.

Starr, who was a legitimate nationally ranked wrestler, was considered too small to wrestle heavyweight, but his ballet dancer gimmick hit big on national television and he was a major star all over the country.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/39202-legendary-ballet-dancer-turned-wrestler-ricki-starr-passes-away

Från WWE

Citat:
WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of Ricki Starr, 83, a talented grappler most famous for his balletic moves in the ring and his nearly unbeaten streak in British wrestling promotions during the 1960s and 1970s.
Our deepest condolences go out to Starr's family, friends and fans.

Till överst på sidan
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 20 okt 2014 15:15    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Ox Baker har lämnat jordelivet

Bill Apter om nyheten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN6vyWmXXRg
Till överst på sidan
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 31 okt 2014 11:03    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Bob Giegel, who wrestled from the 1940s until the 1970s before moving into promoting what is usually referred to as the Central States territory passed away today at the age of 90, according to Slam Sports in Canada. Giegel had been battling Alzheimer's Disease for some time.
Beyond wrestling and promoting, Giegel served several stints as the President of the National Wrestling Alliance.

Our deepest condolences to Giegel's friends, family and fans

-PWInsider

Citat:
WWE is saddened to learn that Bob Geigel, legendary wrestler and promoter, passed away Thursday at age 90.

Inside the squared circle, Geigel captured multiple championships as part of the National Wrestling Alliance. Beyond in-ring competition, he also acted as NWA's president for nearly a decade.

WWE extends its condolences to Geigel's colleagues, family and friends.

wwe.com
Till överst på sidan
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

InläggPostat: 07 dec 2014 18:10    Rubrik: Svara med citat

RIP David Ferrier (till höger)

Citat:
David Ferrier, professionally known to pro wrestling fans as Jimmy Backlund in the Florida independent scene, "Gigolo" Jimmy Del Rey to WWF and Smoky Mountain Wrestling fans, and Jimmy Graffiti to WCW fans, passed away last night following what is believed to have been a heart attack, PWInsider.com has confirmed. He was only 52 years old.
Originally from Grove City, PA, Richland first broke into the wrestling world after being trained in Florida by the Mighty Yankee. He began working the Florida independent scene as Jumo Kenya, teaming with Brett Wayne Sawyer before settling on Jimmy Backlund as his official ring name.

In the early 1990s, Jim Cornette was promoting Smoky Mountain Wrestling. His top heel team was The Heavenly Bodies, Tom Prichard and Stan Lane. Lane gave notice to leave the promotion, pretty much retiring and began announcing for WWF en route to calling professional boat races for a living.

Needing a new partner for Prichard, Cornette tapped Backlund, giving him the "Gigolo" nickname and re-christening him Jimmy Del Rey. The new Heavenly Bodies were immediately the top duo in the promotion, feuding with the ever-present Rock N' Roll Express.

In a history making move at the time, WWF came calling to Cornette in the summer of 1993 and brought him in, breaking down the doors to allowing a working agreement where they acknowledged SMW and SMW regulars worked for WWF.

The Heavenly Bodies were the first act to do so, challenging the then-WWF Tag Team champions The Steiners at that year's Summerslam. Atthe 1993 Survivor Series, they worked the Express in the first-ever WWF PPV bout for a championship recognized by another promotion, the SMW Tag Team belts, in Boston, MA, far outside the Smoky Mountain region.

The Bodies worked both promotions until WWF offered them a full-time contract at which point, with Cornette's blessing, they gave notice and moved on after losing a Loser Leaves Town match that saw Cornette give one of the most emotional interviews of his career upon "learning" that he wasn't going to be able to get the decision overturned.

The team was used as an undercard heel tandem, putting over babyface combinations and having good matches on house shows. They did return at times to SMW for angles and storylines, most notably against The Thrillseekers of Lance Storm and Chris Jericho.

The team was released by WWF at the end of 1995 following rumors of Del Rey being involved in an incident with a fan in a hotel. They debuted for Extreme Championship Wrestling as minions for Raven, feuding with The Public Enemy but almost immediately, Prichard was back with WWF as the often-forgotten Zip of the Body Donnas. Del Rey worked some singles bouts for ECW but never found his groove there and soon moved on.

This was during the craziness of the Monday Night War and there was a nuclear arms race going at the time for talent with just about everyone who had some sort of name getting a deal somewhere. Del Rey signed with WCW and worked an undercard role as Jimmy Graffiti for the next several years. He officially retired in 1997 following a knee injury.

After retiring, he helped train wrestlers at a school operated in Florida by Steve Keirn and would occasionally pop up in the area at independents, including christening a new Heavenly Bodies tag team ("Vivacious" Vito DeNucci and "Casanova" Chris Nelson) he would manage, but for the most part, had moved on from the business by the early 2000s and was running a wood flooring company in Florida.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/90043/former-wwf-wcw-and-smw-star-david-jimmy-del-rey-ferrier-passes-away.html?p=1
Till överst på sidan
Visa inlägg nyare än:   
Det här forumet är låst så du kan varken skapa, svara på eller ändra inlägg.   Det här ämnet är låst så du kan varken svara på eller ändra det.    Forumindex -> Debatt Alla tider är GMT + 1 timme (svensk normaltid)
Gå till sida Föregående  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Nästa
Sida 3 av 11

Hoppa till:  
Du kan inte skapa nya inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ändra dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ta bort dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte rösta i det här forumet