Forumindex SweWrestling.com
Sveriges Största Wrestlingforum!

Vanliga frågorVanliga frågor   SökSök   MedlemslistaMedlemslista   AnvändargrupperAnvändargrupper   Bli medlemBli medlem 
 ProfilProfil   Logga in för att läsa dina meddelandenLogga in för att läsa dina meddelanden   Logga inLogga in 

RIP-tråd för wrestlers!
Gå till sida Föregående  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Skapa nytt ämne   Svara på ämnet    Forumindex -> Debatt
Föregående ämne :: Nästa ämne  
Författare Meddelande
Mr A

Registreringsdatum: 15 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 11 sep 2018 17:59    Rubrik: Svara med citat

sebbe skrev:
Frank Andersson är död. Sad

Väldigt tråkigt. Här är en samling matcher med Frankan med orginalkommentatorer.inkl WWF matchen.
https://youtu.be/st8i7apkYy8

Lite om wrestlingkarriären här http://www.pwpix.net/frank-andersson/
Mr A; Silver och Bronsmedaljör i wrestlingtippning och slog Bruno och Trent 2011. #3 Slog inte Bruno och Trent 2012 eller 2013 Plats #57 samt #20. Tog Silver 2014 och slog Bruno och Trent. #2. Nu bara Guldet kvar. #3#57#20#2 samt brons på swew 14/15 #3.
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande
Stefan

Registreringsdatum: 16 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 17 sep 2018 16:44    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Dave nämnde på senaste Sunday Night's Main Event att han kommer skriva om Frank Andersson i sitt nästa nyhetsbrev.
HonestHarvey
Site Admin

Registreringsdatum: 21 mars 2010

InläggPostat: 14 okt 2018 10:19    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
Hall of Fame wrestler Don Leo Jonathan has passed away at the age of 87 after being hospitalized since August.

Jonathan was born as Don Leo Delaun Heaton and was a second-generation wrestler, following in the steps of his father after he served in the Navy and is believed to have begun in 1949. Jonathan wrestled for Joe Malcewicz out of San Francisco to start his career, which took him around the world.

While his size was a great selling feature during his heyday, he gained fame among those that worked with him because of his ability to work such an athletic style given his stature. Jonathan and Don “The Spoiler” Jardine have often been discussed as the first ones to do the top rope walk made famous later by The Undertaker.

Jonathan engaged in a trilogy of matches with Andre the Giant in 1972 for the Grand Prix promotion, including a match billed as “The Match of the Century” on May 31st, 1972. According to historian Pat Laprade, their first match drew 16,164 to the Montreal Forum with Jonathan winning by disqualification after Andre wouldn’t let go of a choke. Their second match on August 2nd drew 20,347 at the same venue where Jonathan won clean but was attacked by Andre after the match with three piledrivers. Their final match was on September 7th and attendance fell to 12,000 and saw Andre win the final one.

The feud propelled both within Quebec with Jonathan representing Andre’s first major program since arriving in North America.

Jonathan won the Montreal version of the heavyweight three times with the first from Killer Kowalski on November 24th, 1953 but dropped it back to Kowalski eight-days later. His second run came after defeating Pat O’Connor on June 8th, 1955 and won it for the final time from Yvon Robert on August 24th, 1955.

In Laprade and Bertrand Hebert’s book, “Mad Dogs, Midgets and Screwjobs”, they note that the August 17th, 1955 match where Robert defeated Jonathan for the title drew 18,972 to Delormier Stadium and was the largest crowd that year worldwide.

Jonathan became a huge star throughout Canada with notable runs in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, and Calgary for Stampede Wrestling. He moved to Vancouver in 1963 and was remained there for the rest of his life.

Jonathan also had championship matches with the WWWF, including two title matches with Pedro Morales in 1973. In their first match at Madison Square Garden on April 30th, Morales won due to cut suffered by Jonathan and the referee called for the stoppage. They came back on June 4th with Morales pinning Jonathan.

The following year, Jonathan challenged Bruno Sammartino for the WWWF championship and they sold out The Garden on January 14th, 1974.

In 1977, Jonathan became the first person to defeat Catch Wrestling Association owner and top star Otto Wanz for the CWA title when he ended Wanz’s inaugural reign of 1,491 days in Johannesburg, South Africa. Jonathan remained champion until July 1978 when he dropped the title back to Wanz in Austria with Wanz holding onto the title for the next nine years.

Jonathan’s final match took place in Vancouver on March 10th, 1980 as teamed with his former rival Andre the Giant and a 25-year old Roddy Piper to defeat Buddy Rose & The Sheepherders (the future Bushwhackers).

Jonathan was part of the inaugural class of inductees into the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame in 1996 and added to the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2006 in Amsterdam, New York. He was also presented with the Iron Mike Mazurki Award at the 2007 Cauliflower Alley Club banquet.

www.postwrestling.com/2018/10/13/don-leo-jonathan-passes-away-at-the-age-of-87/
"Face it, I am a bandit from the wild untamed future. A place once before and will be again. I am the ultimate female in the ring. I am the women who rules the squared circle, and I will wipe you all over the mat like a fine Picasso."
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande
TheVobb
Men hallå, jag är B-kändis för fan!

Registreringsdatum: 17 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 18 okt 2018 16:53    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
WWE issued the following statement on the passing of “Dirty” Dick Slater:

WWE is saddened to learn that Dick Slater has passed away at age 67.

Slater was a prolific competitor during the 1970s and 1980s in Georgia Championship Wrestling, Mid-South Wrestling and Mid-Atlantic Wrestling, where he teamed with WWE Hall of Famer Bob Orton and had a memorable rivalry with WWE Hall of Famer Jake “The Snake” Roberts. Slater competed in WWE from 1986 to 1987 before moving to Japan and finishing his in-ring career in WCW.

WWE extends its condolences to Slater’s family, friends and fans.

Saxat från eWrestlingNews.com.... Vila i frid Sad ..... Cool

Instagram:thevobb
Youtube: thevobb
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande Besök användarens hemsida
TheVobb
Men hallå, jag är B-kändis för fan!

Registreringsdatum: 17 juni 2006

InläggPostat: 07 nov 2018 09:41    Rubrik: Svara med citat

Citat:
NWA Hall of Famer Jose Lothario has passed away at the age of 83. WWE issued the following statement on Lothario’s passing:

Jose Lothario reportedly passes away
WWE is saddened to learn that Jose Lothario has reportedly passed away at age 83.

Despite never winning a WWE-sanctioned championship or competing at WrestleMania, Jose Lothario – born Guadalupe Robledo on Dec. 12, 1934 – made a lasting mark on the WWE Universe by simply agreeing to train a cocky teenager from San Antonio, Texas. A cocky teenager that grew up to become WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels.

Lothario helped HBK find his footing for a career between the ropes, from selecting Shawn Michaels as a ring name to teaching The Showstopper how to effectively perform the signature kick that came to be known as Sweet Chin Music. HBK soaked up every last lesson taught by Lothario, a Saturday morning staple for wrestling fans of a certain age from the Lone Star State.

“I think every young boy who lived in Texas knew who Jose Lothario was,” Michaels told WWE Magazine in 1996. “I first saw him on TV when I was 12. He was the first Superstar to come across my screen. He is a legend in San Antonio, Cuba, Mexico… just about everywhere!”

Their relationship reached the summit at WrestleMania XII, when Lothario – having helped Michaels break into the business nearly 15 years earlier – watched from ringside as HBK realized his boyhood dream of becoming WWE World Heavyweight Champion by defeating Bret “Hit Man” Hart in an unforgettable WWE 60-Minute Iron Man Match.

Of course, Lothario became an effective mentor only after establishing his well-traveled reputation as a gritty grappler. As an NWA mainstay, he helped usher in popular Mexican wrestling styles to the sports-entertainment scene in the United States. His fans knew him best as “Super Sock,” a nickname recognizing the punches Lothario used to dole out during his past experiences in boxing.

Lothario even briefly displayed his considerable talents before the WWE Universe, most notably by humbling Jim Cornette in a match at In Your House 10: Mind Games.

Saxat från eWrestlingNews.com.... Cool

Instagram:thevobb
Youtube: thevobb
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande Besök användarens hemsida
Visa inlägg nyare än:   
Skapa nytt ämne   Svara på ämnet    Forumindex -> Debatt Alla tider är GMT + 1 timme (svensk normaltid)
Gå till sida Föregående  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Sida 10 av 10

Hoppa till:  
Du kan inte skapa nya inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ändra dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ta bort dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte rösta i det här forumet